Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:57 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Come on folks! Gather up a few pixels and post them up here!

Maybe we can tempt and persuade the "Triangle Area Explorer" to unleash his photo prowess!

Some shots in Cary from this morning...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Thanks for the photos. I am at my Florida home now but come to Raleigh in one week. I hope to get there in time for the dogwoods, azaleas and wysteria. I have no interest in those smelly Bradford Pears that seem to dot every subdivision built in the late 80s through the 90s.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Thanks for the photos. I am at my Florida home now but come to Raleigh in one week. I hope to get there in time for the dogwoods, azaleas and wysteria. I have no interest in those smelly Bradford Pears that seem to dot every subdivision built in the late 80s through the 90s.
Agreed on the pear trees, including the one in my own front yard.
However, I am married to a mighty fine young lady who loves it.

I have a great interest!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Agreed on the pear trees, including the one in my own front yard.
However, I am married to a mighty fine young lady who loves it.

I have a great interest!
Don't worry...eventually that pear tree will get so big it will commit suicide. You see, their branches all project from the same place and as they get big and heavy, they split in high winds and ice storms. So, it's just a matter of time. Developers only plant them because the grow quickly and have pretty white flowers. Other than that, they literally smell like poop because they are pollenated by flies in the early Spring.
So, to wrap it up, they are smelly, fast growing week trees that commit suicide when they mature.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM

662 posts, read 1,644,610 times
I like all plants especially ones that bloom (I have a weakness for all things living - even felt guilty today for squashing a mite on my computer screen) - bring on the pear trees and every other Spring bloom! Love the pics Mike!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Don't worry...eventually that pear tree will get so big it will commit suicide. You see, their branches all project from the same place and as they get big and heavy, they split in high winds and ice storms. So, it's just a matter of time. Developers only plant them because the grow quickly and have pretty white flowers. Other than that, they literally smell like poop because they are pollenated by flies in the early Spring.
So, to wrap it up, they are smelly, fast growing week trees that commit suicide when they mature.
I pulled the plug on the second one in the front yard after the ice storm 7 years ago.
Dr. Homelite consulted...

Old 03-19-2009, 04:56 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times
I will have to get out this weekend to take pictures of what is by far the most beautiful town/city in the Triangle. Cary looks awesome over the coming months. I feel so damn lucky.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM

519 posts, read 982,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I will have to get out this weekend to take pictures of what is by far the most beautiful town/city in the Triangle. Cary looks awesome over the coming months. I feel so damn lucky.
It is either a town or a city. It cannot be both.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Golly, I thought it was a photo thread.

Maybe I'm the only one with a camera?????

Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM

280 posts, read 741,334 times
Great pictures Mike thanks - I love seeing the trees in bloom, I love spring just seeing the beautiful trees puts a smile on my face
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary