Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,768 times

Advertisements

Great family, great guy, in a great town. I really appreciate the great community spirit that exists in Cary and the wonderful things that result from it. It seems endless. Everyday people are helping people and going above and beyond. The happiness of the Cary residents shows in so many ways. Congratulations Henry!

Cary News | Longtime Cary Family YMCA volunteer honored for service (http://www.carynews.com/news/cary/story/12215.html - broken link)

"Longtime Cary Family YMCA basketball coach Henry Kuo received a special surprise after the last game of the season on March 13. YMCA staff presented Kuo with the Cary Family YMCA Spirit of Service Award."

Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM

94 posts, read 175,781 times
The pride you feel for your town really shows! That's wonderful! And thanks for sharing the info, it's nice to see some 'good' and 'happy' news for a change.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falk25 View Post
The pride you feel for your town really shows! That's wonderful! And thanks for sharing the info, it's nice to see some 'good' and 'happy' news for a change.

Thank you for the positive post. We should all feel great pride in the towns we live in. If we don't, then we are living in the wrong town. Each town/city in the Triangle has a bit of a different flavor. Each will offer something different to different people. We should all relish in what our great towns offers each of us. It is so much easier to focus on the negative, rather than to appreciate the positive. I live each day focusing on the positive and like to share the great stories that I discover, such as this one. I am so glad that you appreciated it.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM

147 posts, read 427,712 times
I don't think you should let narrow minds deter you from posting. I must admit I love sparking the conversations by taking the unpopular stand from time to time. It forces some of these guys who don't understand their own viewpoint to support their knee-jerk responses. Cheers to Henry and to you CD!!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM

185 posts, read 575,863 times
Would you guys like a City Data room to be alone together?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 PM

646 posts, read 2,051,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelark View Post
Would you guys like a City Data room to be alone together?
Either that or they are the same person already alone together!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM

Thats a reach and a half and you two are one line wonders who hate on this guy all the time for nothing. Just because he doesn't stroke your egos. I don't even like Cary, but support his right to think it is the greatest.

Here is a thought, don't post on his threads if you don't care for him. You obviously want to be negative about life or your wouldn't have looked at it when you saw he started it. Give it a rest! It gets really old after awhile.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post
Thats a reach and a half and you two are one line wonders who hate on this guy all the time for nothing. Just because he doesn't stroke your egos. I don't even like Cary, but support his right to think it is the greatest.

Here is a thought, don't post on his threads if you don't care for him. You obviously want to be negative about life or your wouldn't have looked at it when you saw he started it. Give it a rest! It gets really old after awhile.
Thanks kj. I fully support your right to not like Cary and I appreciate your acceptance of me loving & supporting it. I only wish I could give repeat rep points to you.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,247,441 times
He just posts news stories that we've already seen.

He wants our responses. Why post something publicly if we're not allowed to say our piece? He's certainly allowed to say his on the rest of our posts.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Again I will say if you dislike the guy and his point of view ignore him. Some of the posters are going out of their way to seek out his threads and be mean for the sake of being mean. To this I say don't preach ultra-liberal, treat others as you want to be treated, hug a tree, down with anything religious or conservative talking points, and then chase this guy down with venom filled bad talk.

It is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black. Everyone knowns what to expect from CD, poking fun is cool, an off the cuff comment is warranted from time to time. Heck has anyone read the barbs I've thrown back at him from time to time?? It is all in good fun and keeps the mind sharp with debate. I just think a little restraint goes a long way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary