Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,016 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Raleigh in the next couple months and have several people suggest Crabtree Valley area. I am not married, under 30 and have seen my share of college life so am looking for something a bit more mature and convenient to nightlife. I am really unfamiliar with Raleigh area. Does anyone have any suggested apartment communities or better suggestions than what I am being given on Crabtree Valley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM

460 posts, read 1,273,829 times
try the Cameron Village area.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Where will your job be location-wise?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Where will your job be location-wise?
The office is located in Cary but I will have a region that I am responsible for.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM

460 posts, read 1,273,829 times
I used to live in Cameron Village and work in Cary. 15 or so minute commute in the morn' and maybe a little longer for the drive home...depending on traffic.
There aren't huge complexes in the area...but many rentals and close to the Cameron Village shopping center....grocery store (Harris Teeter), drug store (Eckerd/Rite Aid/whatever it is now), Library and quite a few good restaurants/bars.
I was also going to suggest the Glenwood South area...but not sure there are a whole lot of rentals....

Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post
I used to live in Cameron Village and work in Cary. 15 or so minute commute in the morn' and maybe a little longer for the drive home...depending on traffic.
There aren't huge complexes in the area...but many rentals and close to the Cameron Village shopping center....grocery store (Harris Teeter), drug store (Eckerd/Rite Aid/whatever it is now), Library and quite a few good restaurants/bars.
I was also going to suggest the Glenwood South area...but not sure there are a whole lot of rentals....
712 Tucker is just now opening and the first renters are occupying their apartments as construction continues. The bad news is that the amenities are not in place yet but....The good news is that you can rent in this prime Glenwood South location for a (relative) bargain right now. I have a friend who is moving into his 1 bedroom for about $725 over the course of his lease. While this is on the higher end in Raleigh, it's low compared to higher end living in the Glenwood South neighborhood.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM

15 posts, read 36,383 times
There's no apartment available for $725 at Tucker. Cheapest studios are $788, but in terms of location, yes, it is a bargain. Still, I think you may as well spend $858 for a one bedroom than a studio.

Crabtree Valley is "midtown" Raleigh. Midtown, in that it's in the middle of Raleigh and convenient to basically anywhere, not middle of all the "action".

There are some nature trails, but the closest things are fast food joints and strip malls. If you're looking for character, this isn't it.

That being said, I think the best complexes are Inman Park and Windemere. Both are listed on Rent.com Windemere is $525-$590 for a one bedroom and Inman is $725. Inman is slightly more modern, but I don't think it's worth the $200 a month.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musburger View Post
There's no apartment available for $725 at Tucker. Cheapest studios are $788, but in terms of location, yes, it is a bargain. Still, I think you may as well spend $858 for a one bedroom than a studio.

Crabtree Valley is "midtown" Raleigh. Midtown, in that it's in the middle of Raleigh and convenient to basically anywhere, not middle of all the "action".

There are some nature trails, but the closest things are fast food joints and strip malls. If you're looking for character, this isn't it.

That being said, I think the best complexes are Inman Park and Windemere. Both are listed on Rent.com Windemere is $525-$590 for a one bedroom and Inman is $725. Inman is slightly more modern, but I don't think it's worth the $200 a month.
His price is indeed $725 after his free months of rent that he negotiated. So, in fact, there is a one bedroom apartment at Tucker that can be had for that price. One just has to negotiate.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 AM

15 posts, read 36,383 times
I'm sorry..I still doubt it. There's no reason for them to need to negotiate down more than $100 per month from what they are offering to everyone else.

They aren't even fully open yet and the apartments are filling up quickly - why would they be so desperate to negotiate down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary