Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstleddy View Post
[*]There is a "back way" in and out of the neighborhood so most people use that, particularly if you are trying to get out of the neighborhood at the main entrance and turning left (south on Falls of Neuse). We only go out the main entrance if we are going north/taking a right on Falls of Neuse. There are also links to Bedford and Falls River neighborhoods- alternate routes in and out of the neighborhood.
Aha! I should have known there was a back way! Good to know. Very helpful information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 10:27 AM

820 posts, read 2,788,355 times
We have friends that live there and we looked at a few homes but ultimately traffic on Falls of the Neuse and the commute time to Cary and Downtown Raleigh was a deal breaker for us. One thing I particularly liked that has gone unmentioned was that most of the lots are of a pretty decent size. I'd encourage you to drive there at the times you will be traveling the most frequently, opinions on traffic will vary. Definitely find that back route and see if it is a viable option for you as well. Turning left from Woodspring onto Falls is a pain even on a Sunday afternoon. If the traffic or commute won't be an issue for you then I am 99% sure you will love this neighborhood!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
FWIW, the commute from woodspring to downtown Raleigh should take 20-25 minutes depending on traffic. I live just a little further north of Wood Spring and drive downtown each work day. Just take Falls of Neuse to Litchford Road (which turns to Atlantic Avenue) and eventually leads you into downton Raleigh. I make this trip in under 25 minutes regularly. Even quicker on the weekends.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:36 PM

47 posts, read 121,161 times
Default Wood Spring

Thanks,

I'll be commuting to RTP (not far from the Davis Drive Exit of 540) and I would like to stay under a 30 minute drive. If that works out, it certainly seems to be a nice neighborhood.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM

66 posts, read 129,399 times
I live in Oakcroft (next to Bedford) and commute to the Rt 54 exit off 540 (a couple of exits before the Davis Dr exit). It usually takes about 20-30 minutes. There are a few slow downs, but not to bad.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimore7 View Post
Thanks,

I'll be commuting to RTP (not far from the Davis Drive Exit of 540) and I would like to stay under a 30 minute drive. If that works out, it certainly seems to be a nice neighborhood.
Other than traffic on Falls your bottle neck in the morning will be merging from 540 to I-40W; You might try taking 540 to Aviation, Aviation to Airport, and Airport to I-40W. There are other routes like 540 to 70 but I found the 540-Aviation-Airport-40W the best for my time.

In the evenings after 4:30 there is no avoiding the 540 slowdown before the HWY 70 Exits that continue until just past Leesville Rd. My guess is that your commute will be right around 25-30 minutes. That is honestly probably the average commute time for many around here, I just don't have a tolerance for traffic that shouldn't exist (the Leesville Junction). I wish I could be more tolerant of it, many neighborhoods were ruled out for us because of this. We did end up finding the perfect situation for us though!

Good luck house hunting!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM

47 posts, read 121,161 times
Default Wood Spring

Thank you all, this is very helpful.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 827 times
Hello,

My wife and I will be moving to the neighborhood hopefully by the end of October. We are waiting for the contracts and all that good stuff, but closing is set for end of October. I was feeling pretty good, until I read some info about the builder of Woodsprings. Zaring Homes? did they go out of business? are there any horror stories about how these homes were built? Any info anyone could give me would be great. Obviously we have our inspector set to go once we receive the executed contract but any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:04 PM

532 posts, read 2,845,621 times
Default Drees bought Zaring's Operations

Zaring was purchased by Drees in 2001. Here's an article from the Cincinnati Enquirer...
Zaring and Drees make union final

You've got to understand that these homes are in the 10-15 yr old range and are all needing attention to those things that expire, breakdown, or fail around this time...things like:
  1. failing or leaking water heaters (all are in attic). I've seen some neighbors converting to tankless models.
  2. Having rotten wood replaced with non-rot materials.
  3. Resealing the vent boots on the roof (leaky).
  4. We've had all the water shut off valves replaced, as after 13 years they were all stuck.
  5. The original appliance package was GE Profile and the dishwashers were recalled by GE in 2004 (along with 2.1 million other dishwashers sold in the U.S.) but it appears that many people (not just Woodspring) were not notified. Check GE's website to see if your dishwasher was recalled. They will fix for free or issue rebate toward another.
  6. Some folks had a problem with rotten wood where the deck meets the house. due to improperly installed flashing (what I was told).
  7. Replacing old heating/cooling
Other than that, MANY, MANY folks here are just doing a lot of updating inside and out including painting, adding granite counters, kitchen and bath remodels, swapping out the shiny brass hardware, getting rid of wallpaper, recarpeting or switching to hardwood floors, adding screened porches, hardscaping and landscaping, and even some pools. Oh, and if the property has a Bradford Pear tree, expect it to fall. After 10 yrs, these are quite large and unstable and after a rain or storm, the tree removal crews are always hauling one away.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM

66 posts, read 77,367 times
I was wondering/hoping if either of the two posters above are still around and would like to answer some questions about WoodSpring .

Many Thanks!
Rye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary