Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times

Advertisements

It amazes me how people can say "It's only McDonald's" as if to imply that McDonald's is supposed to have sub par service. I worked for McDonald's while in high school and at that time they were #1 in customer service and other businesses were using their model to learn about customer service. I went to college to become an accountant and there were numerous case studies in our books about the McDonald's business model and why they were successful.

The fact remains that whether I go to a fast food place, such as McDonald's, or a sit-down restaurant, such as an upscale restaurant, I should receive good customer service. My food should be hot, prepared the way I ordered it and fresh. The thought I should settle for less because it's McDonald's is unbelievable. If my satisfaction isn't met, then yes, I will complain. If nothing is done to make me feel as though the company cares about my business, I will go elsewhere, but nowhere is it written I can only complain about non-fast food restaurants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times
There are some excellent proactive choices to make in hope of improving a bad experience. And, yes, it is true that no matter what one's perception is regarding fast food, the mere patronage of such establishments doesn't negate the need and expectation of good service and high quality of whatever item is paid.

Contacting management regarding potentially faulty technology or mishandled orders is an excellent way of helping them know how to improve the customer experience. Certainly, mishandled orders is a sign that staff, and management, may not be doing their jobs, in general. But when it comes to those speaker systems, unless they are testing the system on a daily basis, customer feedback is absolutely necessary to alert them of an issue. I'm sure management is receptive to such feedback. Even if they weren't, you have an ascending corporate structure to this particular company to help rectify such issues.

I haven't had issues with that particular McD's, but that does not mean the problem does not exist. Thus, if the issue is repetitive, and it sounds like it is, if it is an establishment you regularly visit, it is definitely worth bringing it up to management. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 PM

107 posts, read 311,962 times
I live about 5 minutes from that Mcdonalds and when I relocated stayed at a hotel right down the street for a night or two before I could move into my apartment. My son and I had a late dinner their one night and both got ill. I went back about 2 months after my arrival to grap something for my son before a soccer game and he got sick again - I will never stop again...

Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,664 times
I really don't like that McDonalds. I almost always either end up going in or having problems. I went in one day before work and ordered a combo with hashbrowns. She told me no hashbrowns were ready and to pull up. I should have just said give me my money back, but I proceeded to wait what I remember was maybe close to 10 minutes. I ended up cutting off the car and running in telling the lady to just give me my money back and then she handed me my food claiming that the hashbrowns just came up. How long does it take the make hashbrowns? Most summers they hardly ever have ice cream. The icecream machine is always broke.

The McDonalds on Fayetteville Rd by Kroger is normally good. I have never had any issues. The one on Miami is one step above the McD's on HWY55.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 22,990 times
After sending in a complaint on the McDonald's site, I got a phone call this morning from a woman who is a supervisor of that McDonald's. She was very accommodating and seemed genuinely concerned over my experiences. She also assured me that she is going to look into this matter further to see what the problem is, including checking surveillance tapes, etc.

She is planning to send me a bunch of coupons for various items and is also going to include her personal number in there so that in the event that I visit in the future and have a bad experience, she would like to hear about it immediately, any time of day or night! It was nice to feel like she genuinely cared about this and is seeking to rectify the problem immediately.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 AM

228 posts, read 802,787 times
Not to derail the thread, but anyone have good experiences with fast food of any type recently?

We go to the steak n shake between durham and greensborouh on I45/85. Its about what you expect of fast food, but my wife loves it. It's not completely clean but the service is decent.

We go to the McDs off fayetteville and 54 once in a blue moon. I think its pretty clean but like others my GI tract just cant handle the grease any more.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
Great service:
Chick-Fil-A (all of them, but especially the ones on Roxboro Rd (by Lowe's) and NC 54)
Sonic in Zebulon
Sonic in Creedmore (sp?) (I-85 to exit 191)
Bojangle's on Guess Rd (kind of hard to get into, though)
Cookout on Hillsborough Rd

As you can see, I don't eat a lot of fast food; I prefer going to sit-down places the few times a month I allow myself to eat out.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM

257 posts, read 713,517 times
Fast-food service, IME, has less to do with the particular chain and more to do with the store location. In general, acceptable service should probably be the expectation... never expect poor service, but at the same time, the workers don't get paid enough to be expected to give stellar service.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM

754 posts, read 1,693,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnraleigh View Post
There seems to be a theme here... McDonald's, Bojangles, Waffle House.
How dare you.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,664 times
I almost always get good service at Chickfila, Smithfield's, Cookout..

Not sure if Panera is considered fast food, but the service is always really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary