Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM

15 posts, read 40,411 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am relocating my family back to the Triangle this Summer and will be living in West Cary. My 8-year old daughter loves her Taekwondo school here in PA, and we would really like to find a good school in Cary/Apex.

Any suggestions?\

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 02:49 PM

355 posts, read 1,503,029 times
Try Johnson's Taekwondo of Cary at SW Cary parkway and Old Apex.
www.tkdcary.com

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 AM

55 posts, read 232,799 times
My whole family takes TKD in Knightdale which would probably be to far of a drive for you but I do know that we have people that do drive from their because our school is so great. We have 5 Wonderful Masters, with really great olympic and world titles..plus its a real family enviornment. The school is Tiger Martial Arts. Tiger Martial Arts - TMA Locations - Knightdale, NC (http://www.tmafamily.com/wb/pages/locations/knightdale-nc.php - broken link). Check them out sometime I have 4 kids there and I also just signed up..going for my Yellow belt tonight. If you think its to far check out White tiger in Cary, I hear they are pretty good also. PM me if you have any questions.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:24 PM

15 posts, read 40,411 times
Default Thanks for the replies

Yes, Knightdale is probably a bit too far. Any other suggestions in the Cary/Apex area?

Thanks again!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:00 PM

133 posts, read 452,372 times
My boys did a trial month at White Tiger in Cary. We didn't end up sticking with it because the drive was a bit much (we live in North Raleigh and I work in RTP, so the RTP to N. Raleigh to Cary and back drive was just a bit much for us) plus the prices (x2) was a little more than we were comfortable with at the time. They really enjoyed it though, and the people there were very friendly.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM

81 posts, read 213,925 times
Default To Taekwondo or Not!

I took it as a college student and enjoyed it. Now that I have children, I have considered it for them. Both our Pediatricians in Illinois and here in NC say absolutely not.

There appears to be many opportunities here. Is there something that has changed since I took it back in the 70-80s?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM

80 posts, read 270,677 times
Lessing’s Tae Kwon Do

Lessings Tae Kwon do is in Cary and is part of Tae Kwon do America. My daughter was trained at Julee Peck's TKD America School in Raleigh and she now has plans to open her own school in a couple of years when she finishes up her Business degree--she's currently a 3rd degree black belt. Mr. Lessing was a student at Peck's and now has his own place in Cary, he's very good. What I like is that the people there are like family and they treat the kids great, it builds their self-esteem. My daughter often teaches there and also in Greensboro and she feels that kids, especially kids that have issues in school will change for the better after a short time in TKD. Parents report that their kids grades go up, they are well behaved and even the ones with ADHD become more focused.
Good luck!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 AM

32 posts, read 96,300 times
My daughter and I are currently at White Tiger TKD in Cary and we're really enjoying it. It's more expensive than other places, but they offer a lot of options for classes that fits into our crazy schedule and the staff is really amazing with kids. They have a large weight room for parents to use and offer child care (it's a little extra per month for these).

Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
There have been some interesting earlier threads on this subject on this board, particularly this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...dren-cary.html

Old 06-02-2009, 06:40 AM

76 posts, read 220,065 times
I can attest for Johnson's TKD in Cary. My son has gone there for about 8 months now.
They have since move into a larger building since he started. The classes are about 55 mins long, and they offer classes at different times Mon - Sat. For us, Thurs and Fri work best, but you are not limited to certain amount of classes per week.
They test often, but you don't have to test if you're not ready. When my son first started, he didn't test the first round. He was just not ready... he has since gotten his yellow and now green belts. Testing just happened last week, so now is the start of the next period, which usually lasts around 9 - 10 weeks.
You can start at any time, and they used to have a deal for the first 3 months to see if you like it. Check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary