Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 AM

420 posts, read 1,397,959 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

We'll be arriving in less than two weeks! We'll be buying our house in Clayton. Where is the closest Barnes and Noble in relation to Clayton? I want to put our Harry Potter book on hold and go to the midnight party/book pickup for the final book!! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,755 times
Default Hi!!

I googled (thank goodness for google) barnes and noble and put in clayton. It came up with these listings. Hope this helps.

16.13 miles: Triangle Town Center, 5959 Triangle Town Blvd, Raleigh

17.0 miles: Crabtree Mall, 4325 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh

19.16 miles: Cary Commons, 760 SE Maynard, Cary

Char

Old 05-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Thanks!! Which would *you go to for a special event? We have two in town...one would be much more fun than the other!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
Thanks!! Which would *you go to for a special event? We have two in town...one would be much more fun than the other!

The one at Triangle Towne center.

See you there, my fellow muggle!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
Hi everyone!

We'll be arriving in less than two weeks! We'll be buying our house in Clayton. Where is the closest Barnes and Noble in relation to Clayton? I want to put our Harry Potter book on hold and go to the midnight party/book pickup for the final book!! Thanks!!
Since you sound like a big time Harry Potter Fan, you may want to make plans to see the next movie: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix at the IMAX Theater at Exploris in Downtown Raleigh. It starts playing there on July 13th. It would be a cool way to see the movie and give you an opportunity to check out downtown Raleigh. Exploris is located in the Moore Square area and there are some great places to eat in that section of downtown.

Harry Potter at Exploris Imax: http://www.exploris.org/imax/?iid=55 (broken link)

Old 05-23-2007, 05:36 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,996 times
Default Harry Potter in Durham?

Does anyone know of a good independent book store in Durham that has Harry Potter release parties? Via Google I found The Regulator on 9th Street. Does anyone know if they do the HP release parties?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Thank you for the Exploris link!!! We are definately Potter fans! I reserved my book for the Triangle Towne Center today...we were told to show up at 6pm! That should be a fun night!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,670,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Does anyone know of a good independent book store in Durham that has Harry Potter release parties? Via Google I found The Regulator on 9th Street. Does anyone know if they do the HP release parties?

Thanks!
I don't know any of the few independants that do anything like this....there may be. Keep an eye on the paper close to the time. For the last book the N&O had a list of all the HP release parties in the area.

I am sort of bummed....I've never been able to go to one....my daughter is always away at summer camp when they are released!!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I don't know any of the few independants that do anything like this....there may be. Keep an eye on the paper close to the time. For the last book the N&O had a list of all the HP release parties in the area.

I am sort of bummed....I've never been able to go to one....my daughter is always away at summer camp when they are released!!
Desdemona, you should go even without your daughter! Two years ago we couldn't get our kids to wake up so my hubby went to get the book and stayed for the party. And we always see lots of adults even w/out kids. Usually they are folks we know from the neighborhood or teachers who have grown kids.

Go and take pictures for your daughter! Or better yet, take one of her local friends. It's the last one so don't miss it!!

Thanks for the N&O suggestion. I'll check it out!

Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,328 times
triange town center at 6? i am so there... oh some more events to check out

Richard B. Harrison Library
1313 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27610

Harry Potter Extravaganza!
Monday, July 16 - Thursday, July 19, 2 p.m.
Watch the Harry Potter movies in air-conditioned comfort!

Harry Potter Party
Saturday, July 21, noon
Celebrate the arrival of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with trivia, crafts and games.

i am planning to go to at least one of the movies and hopefully go to triangle town center at 6 and then pick up my book at books a million and go to that party if they are having one - does anyone know if they are having a party too?
then sat go to the noon party

Last edited by enchantedw; 06-28-2007 at 09:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary