Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM

502 posts, read 1,392,602 times

Advertisements

I'm glad about them checking the microchip....
I did check with SPCA in Raleigh, apparently what she is doing is legal but it just doesn't seem right for someone with extra time on their hands to spend it "luring" poor wild kitties with fish. More constructive things to be doing IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,390 times
Last spring we bought a tented gazebo for our back deck with netted side panels. We really enjoyed sitting out there in shade and relative bug-freeness. We do not have any cats in our family. One day last summer, I woke up to find the netted side panels in shreds. A cat or cats had totally destroyed the thing. I paid $200 for it and I was quite upset. I don't have a clue whose cat/cats did the damage, so I'm just out of a gazebo. We can't use our deck as we wish because neighbors in the area insist on letting their cats roam free. Doesn't seem fair. I have no sides on the gazebo now, its usually too buggy to sit out in the summer, but I won't replace the sides because my neighbors still have roaming cats. I don't hate cats, I am an animal lover, but it sure doesn't seem fair. My dogs have never gone in anyone's yard and destroyed property or belongings. I'll never understand why cat owners think its ok for their cats to tear up gardens, scratch up cars and destroy nice gazebos. Go figure.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:13 PM

473 posts, read 1,518,008 times
Read the following article, and subsequent comments. I think she may be your "trapper":

Cats, kittens clog shelters, their fate uncertain - Local & State - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1557780.html - broken link)

Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 AM

47 posts, read 160,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post
I don't think they are immediately euthanized (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
Sorry, Dave, ferals are often euthanized right away. We are not talking about friendly neighborhood cats that wandered into a trap. Feral cats are wild, will not tolerate being handled and can not be adopted out so there is no reason for a shelter to take up limited cage space delaying the inevitable. Please don't take this as my opinion, it is just the logistical fact of local animal control.

As far as a shelter for them, the only place I know of is Oak Grove Animal Sanctuary: A real home environment for feral, stray, and unwanted cats She has an amazing set up and the cats that end up there are very fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary