Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 01:40 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times

Advertisements

Before I go and call the Wake county sheriff's office and make a fool of myself . . . . .

I live in the Swift Creek area of Wake county, a few miles south of Lake Wheeler. I've been up every night this week at around 2am-3am to feed my 6 week-old son and have heard a vehicle driving up and down the street. I haven't looked out the window, but it sounds like a late model GM (or Dodge) pickup with a V-8 engine and automatic transmission. Every Wake county police vehicle that I've seen is a car. The vehicle comes down our street, turns around in my neighbor's driveway at the end of the street, and goes back out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 AM

836 posts, read 3,470,692 times
Why would you think it is the sheriff? It could be anybody, it could be the paper man?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 AM

932 posts, read 3,098,195 times
The Sheriff's department may have a pickup, I've seen them in SUVs. I'd be more inclined to suspect the paper guy or something like that. I noticed that the town of Garner has a pickup that goes through my neighborhood most mornings. It's funny the things you see when you're up with the baby.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:09 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,944,947 times
Why not actually look out the window and see what it is? Sounds like newspaper delivery.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Why not actually look out the window and see what it is? Sounds like newspaper delivery.
I'm usually sitting in a rocking chair with a baby, either feeding him or rocking him back to sleep. Newspaper delivery may be a good guess. . . . but 2am in the morning?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,944,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I'm usually sitting in a rocking chair with a baby, either feeding him or rocking him back to sleep. Newspaper delivery may be a good guess. . . . but 2am in the morning?
It is early. Some of the non-local deliveries like the NYTimes happen quite early. Just a quess.

And congrats on the baby!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 PM

345 posts, read 1,060,599 times
Call them. That's what you pay taxes for. You don't "look silly".

Talk about looking silly...I called about a year ago about someone drilling a well all night long, in the neighborhood behind me. Yes...drilling a well. They went out and made them shut it down (they're supposed to by 11 pm I think). They didn't usually start until about 9pm, and they'd hit those big rocks all night, right behind the house. After 3 nights, I said enough of it, and called. The dispatcher was shocked..she said "drilling a well?!" I think she thought I was nutso, until they came out and saw that I wasn't imagining it. hehehehe The supervisor called, and told me to call back, if they started up again. They didn't, and no more well drilling from dark til dawn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary