Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM

43 posts, read 109,781 times

Advertisements

We have finally gotten an offer on our home and are preparing to move to Graham at the end of July. We will be looking for a new church. My husband and I both grew up in traditional Presbyterian churches in PA, we attended a Methodist church in Northern VT, and for the last 28 years have attended an American Baptist church in a small town in RI with a traditonal service, active women's group, church festivals and bazzars,small group Bible studies, VBS, etc. Everyone in our church knows everyone else and they are concerned when you aren't in church on Sunday. So that is the kind of church we hope to find. The actual denomination is not as important as the people and family feeling. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:22 AM

94 posts, read 345,289 times
I'm a Catholic in Burlington but I'm familiar with several churches in the Graham area. I've compiled a list of churches I think you might like.

Good luck! And hope you find what you're looking for.

First Baptist Church, Graham - Welcome to First Baptist Church of Graham, NC
First United Methodist Church, Graham - First United Methodist Church of Graham
Graham Presbyterian - http://www.grahampresbyterian.com/
Bethany Presbyterian, Graham - Bethany Presbyterian Church - Home Page

Providence United Church of Christ, Graham

These churches are in Burlington and are very popular:

Brookwood Baptist, Burlington - Brookwood Church (http://brookwoodchurch.com/index.cfm?i=1693 - broken link)

The Episcopal Church of the Holy Comforter, Burlington - Holy Comforter - Welcome

Trinity Worship Center, 3157 South Church Street, Burlington, NC 27215

Last edited by fern33; 06-22-2009 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 PM

43 posts, read 109,781 times
Thank you. I have already started looking at the websites.
Lynda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary