Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
If they keel over from a sudden massive heart attack, I buy the house.

If they've been chopped to bits by an axe murderer or they shot themselves in my future living room...no

I do believe in ghosts.

Ridiculous? Maybe. But it's partially about resale and partially about the creepy factor.
If you ever have the misfortune to see the victim's blood in your future home, you may unequivocally support your position without wavering.
It is your personal decision as to how you invest and spend your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM

633 posts, read 1,165,108 times
Livesintriangle,
Tou summed it up nicely. The person shot themselves. That's the manner of death.Doesn't leave a good feeling.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I'm assuming the blood would be cleaned up and the walls repaired and repainted.

Where can we talk about ghosts on city-data? Would be an interesting conversation.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:40 PM

225 posts, read 574,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I'm assuming the blood would be cleaned up and the walls repaired and repainted.

Where can we talk about ghosts on city-data? Would be an interesting conversation.
It definitely would - I'd need to bring some luminol and a blacklight to be convinced. Maybe a medium as well and a priest

Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 PM

225 posts, read 574,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
Livesintriangle,
Tou summed it up nicely. The person shot themselves. That's the manner of death.Doesn't leave a good feeling.
Oof. No way. What if they are still there haunting it? I know that sounds weird but I'd wonder.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post

The best forum would probably be Other Topics, and I imagine it WOULD be an interesting conversation!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I just started a thread "Do you believe in GHOSTS? Why?" in the Other Topics section:

//www.city-data.com/forum/other...l#post10009888

If you believe in ghosts, please tell us why at that thread. And if you don't, tell us why, too.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM

137 posts, read 552,936 times
Posted By MikeJaquish:

"But... To disclose something that could diminish the sales value or the opportunity to sell that is not a definitive material fact? That could well be considered a violation of the fiduciary duty owed to the seller by the agent."

By definition Mike, if something could diminish the sales value then it is a material fact!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyhopkins View Post
Posted By MikeJaquish:

"But... To disclose something that could diminish the sales value or the opportunity to sell that is not a definitive material fact? That could well be considered a violation of the fiduciary duty owed to the seller by the agent."

By definition Mike, if something could diminish the sales value then it is a material fact!
Nope.
Subjective items that may diminish value for some people are not necessarily fact. Ergo, are not material fact.

Look at this thread.
There is strong disagreement whether this little foible diminishes sales value.
It is definitely a subjective item. To promote it as a material fact is a violation of duty to the seller.
It is not the same as an item that can be objectively defined, such as an encroachment, easement, EIFS, and many etceteras.

The NC REC legal staff will back me on this thread's example.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
Well, just to clarify: not afraid of a ghost there or any of that. But the following thoughts DID occur to us:
1. We may never be able to sell the house if we buy it. Case in point. Years ago there was a suicide in my neighborhood. That house was never, ever able to sold or rented till this day. That was about 10 yrs ago .
2. I have children. What if there friends don't want to come over or sleep over?
3. When asked, the seller's agent stated that a cleaning crew cleaned up. Only part of the carpet was replaced. In my husbands profession, and mine, no matter how you think of it, there would be a lot to clean up. I'm not being insensitive, just realistic here.
4. If someone died of natural causes in the house, that would be fine. When we bought this house, the seller told us 4 yrs prior her husband had a heart attack in the home and passed on here in conversation. Didn't bother any of us one lil bit.

It's just an unfortunate experience and has us feeling upset at the moment. We would however, consider another house in that subdivision.

Very true....I think if it's natural causes I would be fine. The other as you mentioned, hard to know if they really cleaned it all and since you won't know the details of the murder or suicide you wouldn't know if they truly got it all. Plus I do believe in ghosts and hautings. If you walk in and it doesn't feel right... trust your gut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary