Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 AM

21 posts, read 46,756 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for an orthopedic surgeon in the Raleigh /Cary area. Preferably one that has privileges at Wake Med/Cary. I'm having knee and shoulder problems.
I recently moved from out of state and live in Clinton. There isn't one in my area that's recommended by anyone I know. Thanks, Clare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 PM

44 posts, read 181,810 times
Hi Clare, my husband just had knee surgery by Mark Wood at Wake Orthopaedics in Cary. He was great - very professional and knowledgeable, and my hubby had a quick recovery. Staff was great, too, which is always important! The physical therapists in his office are really good as well, I went to them when I had an ankle problem.

Don't know about their priveleges at WakeMed, although I'm sure they have them since their office is right behind it. We did the surgery up in Raleigh.

Good luck!

Wake Orthopaedics, LLC - Wake County Orthopedic Office, Raleigh, Cary, NC

Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM

21 posts, read 46,756 times
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsygirl View Post
Hi Clare, my husband just had knee surgery by Mark Wood at Wake Orthopaedics in Cary. He was great - very professional and knowledgeable, and my hubby had a quick recovery. Staff was great, too, which is always important! The physical therapists in his office are really good as well, I went to them when I had an ankle problem.

Don't know about their priveleges at WakeMed, although I'm sure they have them since their office is right behind it. We did the surgery up in Raleigh.

Good luck!

Wake Orthopaedics, LLC - Wake County Orthopedic Office, Raleigh, Cary, NC
I only mention WakeMed/Cary because my husband was just there for day surgery and they were wonderful. Wood is on my plan. I'll check him out.
Thanks,
C

Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Dr. Rosenblum at Triangle Orthopaedics in Wake Forest.

Great background and wonderful personality.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,731 times
I asked a similar question of my network of friends when my mom was having shoulder issues (rotator cuff). She opted not to get a repair but this is what folks sent me for recommendations. I took my Mom to see Dr. Basamania and he is really very good. He worked at Fort Bragg repairing lots of shoulders over the years of our parachuters -- no idea if any of these folks are still in the area. This was last year or the year before.

I would recommend Dr. Alison Toth. She performs shoulder surgery at Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center where we use regional interscalene blocks. In addition to being a fine surgeon she also has a bedside manner that patients and family members enjoy.

The two Ortho surgeons I know best who do rotator cuff repairs are Mark Wood with Wake Orthopaedics and Robert Wyker with Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic. Wyker did my hip surgery; Mark Wood has operated on my daughter's knee. Wyker's office is on Glenwood Ave. just inside the beltline. He operates at both Rex and Wakemed, although he only operates at Wake on Fridays.
Mark Wood's office is near Wakemed Cary hospital. He only operates, to my knowledge, at Wakemed New Bern and does some surgery at Wakemed North.

Carl Basamania walks on water where shoulder repairs are concerned! He fixed my (long overdue) tear last Oct and it turned out to be major open repair, but I am already back at about 80% range of motion with plenty of strength. He was at Duke but is now at Triangle Orthopedic and sees pts at an office near the intersection of I40 and Fayetteville Rd (not far from SouthPoint mall). I highly recommend him. His technique is one that yields less pain than traditional/typical procedures. And if your mom only needs a scope procedure, I'm guessing she'll be really happy with her recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary