Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:49 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
But Johnston County was still quite Red. Johnston County is probably the most politically conservative county in the metro.
My point was, it's ridiculous to compare ANY area in 2009 with that area in 1970, 40 years earlier. I am not saying that Smithfield is the next San Francisco, but only that things have changed EVERYWHERE in 40 years, and it's mind-boggling to hold something against an area for the way something was 40 years ago. Look at Cary today vs Cary in 1970, when it was a sleepy town of <10,000!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,032 times
Francois- NC went to a blue state because of only 34 counties. The other 66 counties voted Republican. The 34 blue counties have much larger populations than the 66 red counties. Example: Orange, Wake, Cumberland...etc So basically 1/3 of the state went blue and 2/3 red. That 1/3 turned our state blue...
As far as the original poster concerning Smithfield, I would personally steer clear of that part of the Johnston county. Smithfield and Selma has become drug infested communities. I have friends who live in both towns. They tell me the drug and gang activity is getting worse each day. Smithfied-Selma middle school and high school has gang members and drug activity. I would not teach at either of those schools. I used to go to the antique stores in Selma but now I am afraid to even walk around the downtown area of Selma. I did go for Railroad Day last year and it was so overrun with thugs walking the streets bumping into people, fighting and being rude... You could see drug activity.. I will never attend again. I am also afraid to go to the Rudy theatre anymore...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,949 times
Im a single 42 year old from Minnesota and just moved here in August. I moved to the rural area of Selma and it's beautiful. I love it here. So quiet, a pond in my back yard with fish and turtles. Only 700 a month.

Why you would want to move to a city I have no idea. You would be 10 minutes from the school out here and close to wherever you need go

Old 10-26-2009, 11:19 AM

3,304 posts, read 8,555,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
But Johnston County was still quite Red. Johnston County is probably the most politically conservative county in the metro.
And what is wrong with that? Are you insinuating that conservative means KKK? I'm a conservative and I would never associate myself with racists. Although it seems like most in the media like to pin that label of fiscally conservative people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary