Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 104,323 times

Advertisements

Hello all, my gf will be visiting for the week and I would like to take her to see shows, live music, sporting events, plays, food spots, etc that will make her smile. Any ideas of some great places that i can take her to?
some of my ideas:
1. Hurricanes hockey game
2. Carolina Panthers football game.
...so you can see my ideas both revolve around sports...she will not think this genius (as i do).. please help save me from myself!

thanks all (esp the women who I know will help out here!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdoc View Post
Hello all, my gf will be visiting for the week and I would like to take her to see shows, live music, sporting events, plays, food spots, etc that will make her smile. Any ideas of some great places that i can take her to?
some of my ideas:
1. Hurricanes hockey game
2. Carolina Panthers football game.
...so you can see my ideas both revolve around sports...she will not think this genius (as i do).. please help save me from myself!

thanks all (esp the women who I know will help out here!)
Where are you located? Are you looking for things in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill ect....?

Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM

139 posts, read 260,663 times
Raleigh Wide Open 4 - Celebrating the Opening of City Plaza, Raleigh, NC - October 24, 2009

Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
D'OH, the State Fair!!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 AM

220 posts, read 866,355 times
You can go to visit raleigh dot com and search the event calendar. Looks like there's a Third Eye Blind concert at the Lincoln Theatre, some interesting Art Galleries that are open, Todd Yohn at Goodnite's Comedy Club, AND a lot more!
Also, I would check out Southern Season in Chapel Hill for a wine tasting event or cooking class or something. I've been trying to get my husband to take me to something like that, but he just hasn't gotten the hints!

Raleigh, NC Events - Find Upcoming Events in Raleigh!=

Hope you enjoy her visit! Good luck finding fun things to do that you BOTH will enjoy! lol

Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM

52 posts, read 104,323 times
Default I am located in SW durham/chapel hill

thanks for the good idea all.... keep em coming!!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
Take her to A Southern Season. It always makes me smile.

Events at Weaver Street Market are nice: Weaver Street Market - Events TOP

Morehead Planetarium is doing classic rock laser shows, which may or may not be your taste but are at least rarely seen in 2009 Morehead Planetarium and Science Center :: News

DPAC has David Copperfield. Durham Performing Arts Center :: Events & Tickets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary