Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times

Advertisements

I recently learned Betty Crocker now makes gluten-free brownie and cake mixes. I know they are sold on Amazon.com, but I would prefer to buy them locally. I am hoping they are less expensive than other alternatives, too, which run up to $6 a box.

I tried the product locator feature on bettycrocker.com, and it told me nothing. I wrote the company a few days ago and today received a nonsense message that didn't answer my question. The message said "We want all stores to carry our products" and "Thank you for your patience."

Before I start a phone call campaign to local stores, I was wondering if anyone has happened to see any of the products in local stores.

I know Whole Foods doesn't carry the brand.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 12:16 PM

169 posts, read 574,778 times
I haven't heard about the Betty Crocker mixes, but Trader Joe's carries a gluten-free brownie mix which is good. I don't remember how much it costs, but it was a lot less than $6.

I hope that helps.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
Default Harris Teeter and Lowes should have them

Type in your address and use "Gluten Free" in the search box.
Product Locator Page

ETA: It looks like the brownie and chocolate cookie mix is easy to find locally, but the cake mixes aren't available.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Default Close but no cigar

Yes, I did that before and did it again and received this message:

No product was found based on the information entered in the search field.

You are in Virginia? There's probably a Wegmans near you, and Wegmans has everything. (I miss Wegmans.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Type in your address and use "Gluten Free" in the search box.
Product Locator Page

ETA: It looks like the brownie and chocolate cookie mix is easy to find locally, but the cake mixes aren't available.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,845 times
I have purchased their mixes at both Harris Teeter and Lowe's. Usually on the upper shelves clumped together in yellow boxes. I may have seen them at Super Target too, but not positive on that. The yellow cake mix and brownies are quite good, the cookies are just so-so (in our opinion). Haven't tried the chocolate cake mix yet.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Thanks!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM

144 posts, read 556,299 times
I also have seen them at Lowes Foods, on the VERY top shelf above the other cake mixes.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Yes, I did that before and did it again and received this message:

No product was found based on the information entered in the search field.

You are in Virginia? There's probably a Wegmans near you, and Wegmans has everything. (I miss Wegmans.)
No, I used to live in Cary and put in my Cary zip code and got about 10 HT/Lowes listed.

Unfortunately, Wegmans isn't as far south as I live (Richmond) yet.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:23 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,162 times
I got a mix at Harris Teeter in Stone Creek Village. I don't remember the price but Whole Foods store brand was less. I had too add chocolate chips to both mixes to help with the dryness.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,837 times
All the HT have them and they are around 4 bucks. I have the brownies and cookies all the time. The cookies are better than some worse than others but they are definitely an alternative and I am glad they are carrying them.

As a side, have you seen that all the Chex (except one or two) have gone Gluten free? YUMMY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary