Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 AM

476 posts, read 1,296,173 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a house in the Holly Springs/Apex area, and I was wondering if there are any neighborhoods we've missed? We want a neighborhood with trees, and we like the new craftsman style homes with front porches and 3-car garages. Our price range is 500-600s. We've seen a lot, and our top picks are Jamison Park, Churchill Estates, Sunset Lake and Abbington. We are relocating so we don't know too much about the area, and I don't know if there's a neighborhood we haven't seen. We happened to be driving along Penny Rd yesterday and we saw some nice neighborhoods there, although I don't know the names of any of them. Is there anywhere else we should check out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Did you check out Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs? The neighborhoods on Penny Rd I know the ones you are talking about but can't recall the names either. There are some on Ten Ten you may want to check out as well. But again I am blanking on actual neighborhood names.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Wrenn Meadow
Brackenridge... $600,000 gets you into the lower end of the neighborhood.
Greyhawk Landing... Again at the low end.
Park at Langston
Terrington... Again, at the low end of the neighborhood
Tuscany
Branston
Enchanted Oaks... albeit older homes, a beautiful neighborhood.
Hickory Creek

I would be cautious about getting into a new construction neighborhood that is not mostly built out unless there were other compelling factors.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Is there a website that lists all the neighborhoods? Every time I think I have seen them all, I hear about new ones!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM

189 posts, read 507,537 times
Have you looked at WINDERMERE, off of Kildaire farm Rd near Ten Ten Rd.
Homes are built by John Wieland, with Basements or Walk up Attics, nice trim, Brick, wooded lots.
It is convenient to shopping and access to major roads.
Nice family neighborhood with Pool/Clubhouse.

Wrenn Meadow built by Shea homes on Ten Ten Rd has newer homes.
Further north are Regency neighborhoods of Cambridge and Wyndfall, but they would be atleast 10 yrs old.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Some of the neighborhoods off Penny:

Birklands, Kensington, Newstead Manor (over your price range)
Cambridge
Southchase
Magnolia Woods
Wyndfall (just a bit north of Penny)

There are 3 homes for sale in Windermere (a 4th is in contract, but contingent) and a great home FSBO on a super nice lot. DM me if you want the address. (It is not my house)

Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,960 times
I love the Sunset Lake community. We haven't been here long, but we are loving the sense of community. There aren't many homes for sale in the neighborhood, because the people that live here, stay here. The homes aren't brand new, but they are very well built and have nice lots. We may not have tennis courts or swimming pools, but there are clubs nearby and being on or near the lake is a wonderful amenity!

Old 10-31-2009, 08:34 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
The Park at West Lake runs anywhere from the 300s to high 400s, but there is a higher end section called Carriage Gate that is in the 500s and up you could check out. I saw a sign the other day looks like they just opened a new section of Carriage Gate up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary