Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 AM

75 posts, read 336,081 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm moving to NC this summer and just found a potential house rental in Cary. I'm doing my rental search remotely, so I haven't been able to actually see the house or neighborhood yet. I've only seen photos. I have some possible concerns about the area and was hoping that someone who's familiar with Cary (specifically, the area near Cary HS) could provide some insight. If you PM me, I'll be happy to share more details.

I appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 07:07 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Hi I'm in Cary and would happily answer your questions if I can. I think you can safely post it here in the forum as honest answers benefit everyone.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 AM

60 posts, read 218,271 times
Default cary neighborhood

Hi, I'm also looking at some neighborhoods in Cary close to Cary high for relocation this August....Can someone give me insight on the following:

A)Merriwood Apts on Merriwood Drive
B)Oxford Square on Village Greenway
C)Waterford Forest on Waterford Forest Circle
D)Williwmsburg Manor on Donaldson Court
E)Brampton Moors on Brampton Lane
F)Carystone neighborhood

Thanks for any help

I'd like a family friendly neighborhood, close to everything(I won't have a car yet) do school buses from Cary high pick up at all neighborhoods?

Old 05-12-2007, 09:29 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
E)Brampton Moors on Brampton Lane

Now you're cooking with gas!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:01 AM

60 posts, read 218,271 times
Default apts

I went into apartmentratings.ocm & they basically trashed all of the apartment complexes except for Merriwood Apts because there was no review for that one.......

It's pretty hard to decide w/all of those bad comments...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:07 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical View Post
I went into apartmentratings.ocm & they basically trashed all of the apartment complexes except for Merriwood Apts because there was no review for that one.......

Who is going to bother to go online and say good things about an apartment complex? I just don't see it, myself.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical View Post

Most people only post complaints...not the good things. Also, from what I am told, that many of the apartment ratng sites are trolled by the employees of the complexes that try and trash each other.

I'd take many of them with a LARGE bucket of salt.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:26 PM

75 posts, read 336,081 times
Okay, I hate to break up this discussion about apartments, but.....back to my ORIGINAL topic about neighborhoods near Cary HS. I only received one PM, so I'll go ahead and post my concerns, here, for everyone to peruse.

I'm getting ready to sign a lease on a house off of SW Maynard Road, sort of in the vicinity of Briarcliff Elementary, but further down on Maynard (near Lake Pine -- I believe it's called). ANYWAY.....after searching this forum, I found a posting with some colorful commentary about the Maynard Road area being run down. The poster went on to talk about houses with 10 cars parked in front of them.....and groups of hispanic men standing in the yard "swilling" beers. (Yes, that's what they actual wrote.)

As you can imagine, the imagery painted by that post was a little unsettling, so I'm trying to get some honest input on that area. PLEASE DO NOT turn this into a discussion about illegal immigrants. I'm just interested in hearing about the neighborhoods around there, the types and quality of houses, and any safety issues, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:20 PM

129 posts, read 565,976 times
My suggestion is this...cross Kildaire Farm Road to SE Maynard Road and you will be much happier. The 2-3 mile change will make a huge difference. I know several people who have and still do live there and are very happy. Very family oriented and right at Cary High School, walking distance. There are also townhomes located right behind Cary HS as well.

Linda

Old 05-12-2007, 05:09 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post
Okay, I hate to break up this discussion about apartments, but.....back to my ORIGINAL topic about neighborhoods near Cary HS. I only received one PM, so I'll go ahead and post my concerns, here, for everyone to peruse.

I'm getting ready to sign a lease on a house off of SW Maynard Road, sort of in the vicinity of Briarcliff Elementary, but further down on Maynard (near Lake Pine -- I believe it's called). ANYWAY.....after searching this forum, I found a posting with some colorful commentary about the Maynard Road area being run down. The poster went on to talk about houses with 10 cars parked in front of them.....and groups of hispanic men standing in the yard "swilling" beers. (Yes, that's what they actual wrote.)

As you can imagine, the imagery painted by that post was a little unsettling, so I'm trying to get some honest input on that area. PLEASE DO NOT turn this into a discussion about illegal immigrants. I'm just interested in hearing about the neighborhoods around there, the types and quality of houses, and any safety issues, etc.

Thanks in advance!
That poster can't imagine that there are a wide variety of people that live in the Triangle...rich and poor....and that crime is till low. (Not that it's non-existant....it's just low.) They also don't live here yet.....superficial drive-bys of an area don't tell the whole story...ESPECIALLY around here, where million homes next to hovels has never been unheard of.

You don't have to worry about Cary.....there is a reason why it has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation. Even the 'worst' part of Cary is not exactly bad compared to say St. Louis for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary