Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,716 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest some nice areas for a young family to move to? We are going to relocate for my husbands job and this is overwhelming. We want to try and spend $200,000 or preferably less...not sure if that is realistic.

Also, if anyone has any good and trusted Realtors to recommend it would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 12:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,695,827 times
Where will he be working?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Can anyone suggest some nice areas for a young family to move to? We are going to relocate for my husbands job and this is overwhelming. We want to try and spend $200,000 or preferably less...not sure if that is realistic.

Also, if anyone has any good and trusted Realtors to recommend it would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA
Where would he work? How far does he want to commute? There are many many small towns surrounding raleigh itself (holly springs, wake forest, cary, wendell, apex, clayton, chapel hill, carrboro, etc etc) and each of those towns has great neighborhoods in your price range. The more information you can give us, the more responses you will get!

Leigh

Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Where will he be working?
I should have included that. Raleigh, on westchase blvd. I have never even been to NC so no clue where that is or where to start. He is used to a 30/40 minute commute now so anything comparable would be acceptable.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I should have included that. Raleigh, on westchase blvd. I have never even been to NC so no clue where that is or where to start. He is used to a 30/40 minute commute now so anything comparable would be acceptable.
That area is close to NC State. What kind of neighborhood are you looking for? older home, newer construction, size? I used to work at NC State and many of my friends lived in Garner, which is a great little town near raleigh that is about a 20/25 minute commute to his office.

There are also homes in smaller neighborhoods in and around that area that may be in your price point.

Leigh

Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
That area is close to NC State. What kind of neighborhood are you looking for? older home, newer construction, size? I used to work at NC State and many of my friends lived in Garner, which is a great little town near raleigh that is about a 20/25 minute commute to his office.

There are also homes in smaller neighborhoods in and around that area that may be in your price point.

Leigh
This is our first home so I am not sure. I can see the appeal with both new construction and older homes. We live in a huge huge city and so I would just like something charming and safe. Size at least 3 bedrooms 2 baths.

Thank you, I will look into Garner.

I know I will need a good agent. We are planning a trip to visit in the next few months so hopefully that should help. Right now I am going in blind.

Is there much snow there? We are in Florida.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM

398 posts, read 1,292,720 times
Good luck to you Skylarr29 - we are also relocating to Raleigh in December (from NJ) due to job relocation. We were just in Raleigh doing a house search and loved North Raleigh, Cary/Apex and Holly Springs. You can definitely find something in your price range. My husband's job assigned us a realtor who is very nice and knows much about the area - Send me a message if you want her information. Good luck, again!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
This is our first home so I am not sure. I can see the appeal with both new construction and older homes. We live in a huge huge city and so I would just like something charming and safe. Size at least 3 bedrooms 2 baths.

Thank you, I will look into Garner.

I know I will need a good agent. We are planning a trip to visit in the next few months so hopefully that should help. Right now I am going in blind.

Is there much snow there? We are in Florida.
Not tons of snow, maybe once a year? But everything closes down and people just chill in their homes (that is after everyone runs to the market for food) and after a day of being inside, the snow is gone!

It does get cold (at least to me) but generally that is in january and february!

Leigh

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,080,377 times
Compared to Florida we do have snow. You'll probably need more warm clothing than you currently have. Winters here are variable in terms of snow, but we average less than a foot per year (eight inches or so). It also gets cold, we average about 75 nights with below freezing low temps.
All that said, we get our share of nice winter days too.

Most of summer is comparable to Florida, low 90s and humid. Our "summer" is shorter than yours.

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary