Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 AM

450 posts, read 1,351,048 times

Advertisements

There's another one - or at least it's been there the past 2 years - in the Whiteheart neighborhood off of Ten Ten road and Graham Newton. I haven't gotten by there yet this year to see if it's up again or not. I'm also not sure if the address there is Cary or Apex, or it may even be Raleigh, but it's not far from Cary.

We drove around and saw several houses with lights set to music last year, and this was our favorite. You go into the neighborhood, take the first right, I think it is, and then maybe another right? The house is at the end of a street.

Just looked at the video above - that one looks great - will have to check it out some time this week. We didn't see that one last year.

Last edited by FVmommy; 12-16-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: edited to add last comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 AM

502 posts, read 1,655,114 times
There's also one (well, it's actually made of about three neighbors) in Wendell on Lake Myra Rd. My four year old greatly enjoys it. Guess we'll have to venture out to Cary to see the others mentioned here.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,036 times
Check out the lights at the intersection of Ten-Ten Rd & Fanny Brown Rd. This is in the 27603 South Raleigh area. Worth the look!!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM

133 posts, read 425,023 times
Just went to the Christmas house in Cary that's mentioned above on sunday. It's AWESOME!!! Will go again this week as i have visitors flying into Raleigh tonight.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:49 AM
tyg

16 posts, read 75,204 times
Thumbs up Cole Family Christmas - Synchronized light display

Here's a News&Observer video & article about the synchronized light display in Cary you're all mentioning (308 Crimmons Circle, Cary), that is run by the Cole family. Just saw it last night, and it's awesome! Beware of the traffic jams though.

Video: http://www.newsobserver.com/videos?media_id=8089182

Article: http://www.newsobserver.com/110/story/246607.html

Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 AM
tyg

16 posts, read 75,204 times
Lightbulb Share our driving routes?

I thought it would be cool to post the driving routes we've taken to see christmas light displays in our areas.

Here's what I drove last night, and includes many of the displays posted here already. I'm based in Morrisville. Along the way, there are lots of houses with smaller displays, too & it's a nice drive:

Driving Loop for Morrisville, Cary light displays

I'm excited to see what others share. My next trip will be out to Lake Myra! I'm going to try to incorporate the Raleigh displays in that trip, too. Once I get it mapped out, I'll share that route too.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,279 times
Talking WE loved your route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyg View Post
I thought it would be cool to post the driving routes we've taken to see christmas light displays in our areas.

Here's what I drove last night, and includes many of the displays posted here already. I'm based in Morrisville. Along the way, there are lots of houses with smaller displays, too & it's a nice drive:

[URL="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=35.856501,-78.843727&daddr=Preston+-+Four+Meadows+Lane+cary+nc+to:Hawks+Nest+Ct+Cary+n c+to:Melanie+Court+Cary,+nc+to:Crimmons+Circle,+ca ry,+nc+to:green+level+rd+west,+apex,+nc+to:Chapel+ Hill+Rd&geocode=%3BFSBwIgId-SRN-ynvdyU3DPKsiTFE2NBd3vDwBA%3BFRLuIQIdTVdN-ym_PbuajPKsiTFGfG5y-E5ppQ%3BFf8EIgIdqwxO-yn5L4nrofOsiTEpL0A8RX2ayg%3BFS6SIQIdBL5N-ymDwE24IPOsiTFEsnRCdSDDqQ%3BFV7ZIQIdaatL-ylrxtmdkeysiTGn2P9hRhHJCA%3BFU0VIwIdevZM-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=12&sll=35.8025,-78.84819&sspn=0.152033,0.307961&ie=UTF8&z=12"]Driving Loop for Morrisville, Cary light displays[/URL]

I'm excited to see what others share. My next trip will be out to [URL="http://www.lakemyrachristmas.com/"]Lake Myra[/URL]! I'm going to try to incorporate the Raleigh displays in that trip, too. Once I get it mapped out, I'll share that route too.

Hi! We just moved to the Triangle this year(2011) and are very excited about taking the trip to Lake Myra. Any chance you ever got the Raleigh Displays mapped out en route to Lake Myra? We have already taken your driving loop for Morrisville/Cary Lights and are looking forward to a possible driving loop for the Lake Myra Trip!!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 AM

615 posts, read 1,503,765 times
All of mine are FREE

Walking downtown Raleigh(from the Capital building(tree) to the Performing Arts Center..with the skating rink along the way)..is very festive(and FREE)...stop along the way for coffee/drinks at a cafe/bar. We do it every year around this time.

There is also a AWESOME house in Garner on Ten-Ten road to stop and look at..music is playing and you can get out and look...neighbors are very enterprising with hot-chocolate and coffee stands(like lemonade stands) in the subdivision....LOL...must have a LOT of visitors. Its on the corner on Ten Ten road(not sure of subdivision) but if you take Ten-Ten off 401 you can't miss it...its BEFORE Old Stage. FREE.

Walking along the Neuse River trail in Smithfield is nice during the day(the Carolina weather is great right now) FREE...and then head to the outlets for shopping/browsing and lunch.

Also--I am not a big Cracker Barrell fan normally, but its so festive this time of year with the big fireplace, country store etc. A nice family night out combined with driving around looking at lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary