Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 PM

83 posts, read 500,874 times

Advertisements

Hi...........looking for some opinions on Adams Point in Garner. What is the area around this development like? Is it a country setting/more built up/safe etc.? Also - does anyone have any info on the schools. I see they are Johnston County and are rated well on greatschools.com but if anyone has any first hand info that would be great.
Thanks in advance.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 06:20 AM

20 posts, read 66,248 times
Default Adams Point

Did you receive much info back or did you ever make the move to Adams Point? We are looking into the area and would like find out more info on the area and the development.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:28 AM

75 posts, read 301,537 times
Adams Point is in the growing community of cleveland school area of Johnston County. I met someone that lived in Adams Point and they really like it. They had moved to Apex and rented for 6 months before they purchased in the neighborhood are really pleased with the area.

Good luck!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
The area (Cleveland) is growing super fast....almost as fast as the Adams Point homes were built!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 AM

281 posts, read 1,108,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlerascals View Post

Hi...........looking for some opinions on Adams Point in Garner. What is the area around this development like? Is it a country setting/more built up/safe etc.? Also - does anyone have any info on the schools. I see they are Johnston County and are rated well on greatschools.com but if anyone has any first hand info that would be great.
Thanks in advance.........
Adams Point is a very nice area and good looking homes. The homes on the lower end towards HWY 50 are all on a slab, while the ones closer to HWY 42 are mostly foundation. Don't know why they do that, foundations are more expensive..you will have arguments on both sides which is better or worse, but I prefer foundation for a few reasons. From what I have seen this neighborhood is well needed in the area and very convenient to 40/42. Which brings up a point about that area.. Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 01-15-2008 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: no sites with forums, chats, discussions, blogs please

Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 10,468 times
We are also planning to move to Adams Point this summer. We're moving from Northern VA and are excited about the move. We've also looked at Broadmoore West in Clayton which was also a nice subdivision.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM

269 posts, read 944,495 times
We visited last year and fell in love with the homes in Adams Point, they appear to be well built, nice features and large lots. That being said, we found the immediate area much less than desireable. There was limited amenities that we saw, not much in the immediate area. In addition, driving through the area, there were considerably many pockets that would not be our cup of tea (ie. Trailer Communities). Also, at the time, Adams Point was not selling as quickly as they had hoped, and their prices have come down quite a bit since we looked initially (again this was February 07).

Another big factor for us was the schools, West View Elementary is new so they have yet to be rated, Cleveland Middle is a School of distinction, but West Johnston High is listed as a school of Progress which means that only 60-80% of students are performing at grade level. You can check out the ncreportcards website for your own research on these.

I do have several photos that I took while we were there of their Melrose model if you would like, send me a direct message and I will send them to you. I would encourage you to do your own research on the area, but as I said for us it was a little to rural and underdeveloped. Just my $0.02.

Last edited by stephz1008; 02-04-2008 at 12:53 PM..

Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM

4,279 posts, read 5,938,202 times
Default Personal preferences....

I toured Adam's Point last Fall when I was considering a job move to Wake County Public School system. The dollar cost per square foot ratio is very enticing.

What I didn't like:
  • All the exteriors looked too much alike. The exterior elevations are faux tudor bordering on faux craftsman. Although individually attractive, a subdivision of 200+ homes in this single architectural style did not appeal to me.
  • The interiors are very open. Some buyers obviously love this feature, but not me. I would rather have identifiable separate rooms.
  • The surrounding area is rustic to run-down. The local strip mall looks as if it was constructed from a metal pole barn, and the local roads looked inadequate to handle the increased traffic as this development builds out. Maybe this opinion makes me "elitist" and a bad person, but it is my personal preferrence only.
  • The area might be too remote for many owners. I was looking to commute to the south side of Raleigh (Rock Quarry and I-40), yet this development would have been 25 minutes from my place of employment.
Again, these are my thoughts and opinions only. Other buyers may love the exact features I disliked, and neither of us would be wrong.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:14 PM

269 posts, read 944,495 times
Figured I would post these in case anyone else was interested too. I do have more photos of the other bedrooms if anyoneis interested.

Front

Kitchen

Family Room

Sun Room

Keeping Room (that is what they call it on the floor plan, more of a breakfast nook)

Dining Room

Master Bedroom

Master sitting room

Old 05-26-2008, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,908 times
I live in Adams Point and love it. The neighborhood is very family friendly and is safe. The homes are beautiful and the schoolis terrific. I checked them out before moving from NY. My son loves Westview elementary. He is currently in 1st grade. The area is on the country side and there is not much close. Also the new High School is scheduled to open in 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary