Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:24 PM

43 posts, read 208,483 times

Advertisements

Hi! I was just wondering if my posts are showing up? I have posted a few times and have not gotten many replies, but I see everyone else getting replies.

I just hope I am doing this correctly....

Thanks,
Alexis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,567,814 times
Alexis I am seeing your posts. Let me go back and read your past posts, and see if I can answer you.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Thank you so much! I thought I might be doing something wrong. We are moving there in less than a month and I need advice regarding the Green Hope school area. Are there rental houses while searching for a home?

I also posted once about the Cary area football teams. Which ones are good with good coaching staffs?

Old 05-19-2007, 12:37 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,567,814 times
Alexis, didn't you say in a past post that you had a realtor? Are you still looking for a rent? Your realtor should be able to help you find a rental or temporary housing if thats what you need.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMiller View Post
Hi! I was just wondering if my posts are showing up? I have posted a few times and have not gotten many replies, but I see everyone else getting replies.

Thanks,
Alexis
I see your posts...I just don't have any information on what you were asking. Sorry!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:51 PM

997 posts, read 4,648,692 times
There are 46 rentals in the MLS for Green Hope High ranging from condos to single family homes. Your Realtor should be helping and showing you these.

Besides rentals, what other information do you need? I live in the neighborhood that Green Hope Elementary is in. My children attend GHE and GHH. I know a few years back they had a great football team. Don't know how they are doing in recent years though.

Citing statistics only, Green Hope has the highest SAT score for a base school. Enoe and Raleigh Charter have higher scores but they are lottery schools. Both the high school and elementary schools have a very active group of parents who care very much about the schools, their children's education and local community.

Please keep in mind that Wake County does redistrict and you could be moved from GHH if you are in grades 9 & 10. Once you reach your junior and senior year, you are grandfathered in and allowed to stay but you must provide your own transportation if you wish to remain. It is not mean to scare or deter you from the area in anyway. It is just a fact of life in Wake County. Most parents and children fare well with the change and it hasn't affected the quality of the education at all.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Thank you....

Thank you for helping me! Yes, I have a realtor, but I hate to bother her with finding a rental. We are from California and California realtors don't look very kindly on that kind of thing since they do not get anything out of it. I guess it must be different in NC. Thank God.
I will ask her to help find a rental.

Can you be more specific on the redistricting of Wake County. If you live in the boundaries of a certain school, they can still send you to another school?

Thank you again!!

Alexis

Old 05-19-2007, 09:09 PM

997 posts, read 4,648,692 times
I just found a rental for someone last week. I will do it occassionally if I have time. In this case, they pretty much knew the rentals that they wanted to see and I had the time.

On the redistricting issue, they can send you to another school. They group areas by assigning them node numbers. They do decide sometimes to reassign a certain node number to a different school. Again, it hasn't affected the quality of education and most parents and children fare very well.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:58 PM

574 posts, read 1,210,296 times
It's also slows down around here on the weekends. I guess people go out and do stuff. Not me per se...but other people.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:41 AM

842 posts, read 3,232,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMiller View Post

Thanks,
Alexis
Who said that? Is someone there?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary