Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

With 2010 right around the corner I find myself wondering what the next "hot topics" will be for this area in the coming year. What are your predictions for what will be going down in the Triangle and on everyone's mind in 2010?

Here are a few of my predictions:

1. The newly elected Wake County School Board Members will realize it is easy to make campaign promises when you are sitting on the sidelines.

2. Greg Fishel will predict a 6-8" snow storm that will result in a rainy warm day with 1" of rain.

3. Greg Fishel will predict a rainy warm day with 1" of rain that will result in a 6-8" snow storm.

4. A major project will break ground in downtown Raleigh

5. People in North Raleigh will continue to complain about the money spent on downtown Raleigh.

What do you think is on the horizon for us in 2010?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 AM

477 posts, read 1,419,337 times
Good, safe list. #1 is already happening. If you want to keep abreast of what's going on with WCPSS and the BOE, read this blog. WakeEd | newsobserver.com blogs

Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,621,918 times
I predict people will continue to move here, and the people who are already here will continue to complain about it! :-)

Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 AM

170 posts, read 774,459 times
Any new high-rises to be built in the downtown area?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 AM

43,294 posts, read 77,129,965 times
  • Raleigh will cede everything west of 440 and Falls of the Neuse Rd to Cary in exchange for "a desirable downtown parking deck to be named later."
  • Mayor Meeker will be quoted, "Heck. Everything Outside The Beltline was just a nuisance anyway."
  • Cary will discount Falls Lake water to Caryites. Creative Raleigh residents will have wine and cheese provided via local election campaign funds.
  • Cary refuses MiniCity. Appearance Czars quoted as saying, "There just ain't enough Beige on Earth to fix all that."
  • ACLU will come to the aid of John Kane who sprays, "HOODOOED BY THE TOWN OF CARY" on the side of North Hills.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 12-30-2009 at 07:05 AM..

Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times
1. NC Turnpike Authority announces Tolls will apply on all of 540 and not just for the new extension; it justifies action by renaming I-540 as I-640 to comply with numbering convention for Interstates

2. Former Govenor Mike Easley cleared of all charges by federal Investigation - some minor 'administrative errors' were made by his staffers

3. It doesn't rain for 5 days and Greg Fishel declares 2010 drought watch

4. Gas hits $3 a gallon and the NC Turnpike Authority renames itself the NC Turnpike & Tramway Authority as it announces a 'pilot' Tram service from Holly Springs to RTP via Apex to compete with the 540 extension - big cash bonuses for the Authority

5. Cary gets 'screwed by the ACLU' and Town Leaders are red faced over red sign painted on house

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
With 2010 right around the corner I find myself wondering what the next "hot topics" will be for this area in the coming year. What are your predictions for what will be going down in the Triangle and on everyone's mind in 2010?

Here are a few of my predictions:

1. The newly elected Wake County School Board Members will realize it is easy to make campaign promises when you are sitting on the sidelines.

2. Greg Fishel will predict a 6-8" snow storm that will result in a rainy warm day with 1" of rain.

3. Greg Fishel will predict a rainy warm day with 1" of rain that will result in a 6-8" snow storm.

4. A major project will break ground in downtown Raleigh

5. People in North Raleigh will continue to complain about the money spent on downtown Raleigh.

What do you think is on the horizon for us in 2010?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,571 times
1. My wife and I will find real, permanent jobs, but her crappy old car will finally die.

2. Hillsborough Street will finish up, but people will continue to complain about it.

3. The NRC/DENR project in "Green Square" will basically be finished on the outside.

4. I will get one more warning/infraction on city-data for saying something stupid (but i'll try not to)

5. The amphitheater will go up (or down)

6. Something will get decided on Charter Square

7. The recession will end and people will start hiring again, causing more transplants.

8. People will complain about the smoking ban, but by the end of the year nearly everyone will have forgotten what it was like not to have it.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,571 times

Last edited by GucciLittlePiggie; 12-30-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary