Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,951 times

Advertisements

We're spending too much on coffee every morning as we cannot find a duo coffee and espresso maker like we had in the UK.

We've searched:

Sears
Macy's
Circuit City
Wal*Mart
Target
JC Penny
Best Buy
Harris Teeter
Lowe's Foods

And nothing. Any recommendations? Is this an online type of purchase typically?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 AM

56 posts, read 333,556 times
Default a southern season in Chapel Hill

upscale kitchen, grocery, restaurant, etc. look them up online and give them a call. If anyone has it, it will be this store. They had the chemex coffee filters that I had to order online when we loved in Tn.

It is a great store. If you visit bet you will leave with more than a coffee maker.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonc View Post
They had the chemex coffee filters that I had to order online when we loved in Tn.
Freudian slip?

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll look them up!

Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I worked in gourmet kitchen stores for years, the duo machines are popular and given what people spend on coffee today would pay for themselves in no time.

Krups was always the best name in coffee makers...unless you want to buy one that is truly a professional coffee/espressor maker.

I just checked Bed Bath and Beyond and they had several models...I would go in the store and look at them first, make sure you have someone demonstrate them for you and keep ease of use in mind when choosing one.

Bed Bath and Beyond also has a website, if you see something on there that is not in the store, usually they will order if for you at the store and have it shipped to your house AND wave the shipping IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ASK...

Another thing this store does is sent out lots of nice coupons...they SAY they expire but they dno't really...the store will still honour them. I always keep a stack of them, you could get 20% off on your purchase.

I don't work for this company, I am not advertising for them, just passing along some shopping advice I have learned over the years.

Linens and things also carries similar products but I don't find many of their coupons and their service (in my area) is not as good as what I have gotten at the Bed Bath and Beyond stores.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM

141 posts, read 675,303 times
Williams Sonoma has a great selection of coffee makers. I have a Jura, and, while pricey, I feel that it is worth it, since it is so easy to use. I have had other coffee and espresso makers before, and I find the Jura hands-down the best one I've ever owned. If you don't want to spend $1,000+ on a coffee maker, I also recommend the Krups Combi.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:55 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
Williams Sonoma has a great selection of coffee makers. I have a Jura, and, while pricey, I feel that it is worth it, since it is so easy to use. I have had other coffee and espresso makers before, and I find the Jura hands-down the best one I've ever owned. If you don't want to spend $1,000+ on a coffee maker, I also recommend the Krups Combi.
They sell the Jura at Bed Bath and Beyond as well...

Old 05-26-2007, 12:51 PM

36 posts, read 109,428 times
I bought an espresso maker online after shopping A LOT, and was very pleased with aabreecoffeedotcom. The prices were better than their competitors, and the maker is awesome. We bought a Briel Lido, it is separate from a coffee maker. Can't say if they have a combo, but they have a wide range of quality products.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:49 AM

120 posts, read 758,610 times
We've had a Jura machine for about 5 years (and thousands of cups of coffee) and couldn't do without it. We're big coffee drinkers.

We have had to repair the machine a couple of times. The fix is to replace a 50 cent rubber o-ring, but this requires almost completely disassembling the entire machine. We're talking lots of parts spread all over the kitchen counter . Once the o-ring has been replaced, you're good to go. The machine can probably be shipped back to the factory for repairs. If you're not up to do-it-yourself on household electronics, I'd check out repair options before buying because that o-ring is going to fail eventually.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,036 times
Default help with o ring for jura

heather, could you please tell us where you bought your replacement o ring from..I have searched hi and low and have tried a few, but we are still not getting a tight enough seal to effectively pull a shot of espresso...our machine is a jura x-70...but i believe all the jura super autos use the same brew group mechanism..thanks so much..steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathercp View Post
We've had a Jura machine for about 5 years (and thousands of cups of coffee) and couldn't do without it. We're big coffee drinkers.

We have had to repair the machine a couple of times. The fix is to replace a 50 cent rubber o-ring, but this requires almost completely disassembling the entire machine. We're talking lots of parts spread all over the kitchen counter . Once the o-ring has been replaced, you're good to go. The machine can probably be shipped back to the factory for repairs. If you're not up to do-it-yourself on household electronics, I'd check out repair options before buying because that o-ring is going to fail eventually.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM

746 posts, read 2,247,949 times
a visit to a little italy and you can find lots of o-rings of all sizes, to accommodate the stovetop models of espresso makers. Whenever I'm in bos or nyc I grab a few extras.

If I were you, I'd take the advice above (those 20% off from BBB are terrific for a purchase like this), find the model you like best, and then ask the store manager for a discount - point blank. You'd be surprised, even Williams Sonoma is willing to haggle at the moment because sales are so far off. Additionally, look online for the best price/shipping/availability and compare that to the local prices you find, and make sure you check the coupon sites (or just google [store name] coupon code) to get the best deal available.

Happy caffienation to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary