Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
It's the same old story. People move to a place to avoid all the things they don't like in the "big city," but they end up bringing everything with them that they were trying to avoid.
Welcome to the Triangle, 2000s... **SIGH**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
But no good for the rest of us who had hoped to maintain a somewhat quiet-ish standard of living a bit further out from the "heart of the Triangle" Oh well.
Hang in there bud,ain't nothing happening to quickly around here.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default Growing for the better

My wife and I relocated to Wake Forest from suburban Maryland in June of 2004 and in our humble opinion the town has done nothing but improve. Yes the population has definitely increased but the city fathers have done a magnificent job of preserving the small town charm while allowing WF to thrive.

Wake Forest to my mind is the ideal place for those looking to retire to a town that’s still close to everything but feels miles away from the hustle-and-bustle of most modern eastern cities. Of course Wake Forest has always been a fantastic place to raise a family and I’ve seen nothing that would change that going forward.

All-in-all Wake Forest just proves that when something is good and well managed people will flock to it. I LOVE it here and can think of no other place I’d rather live. In fact, I can’t wait until the weather warms and I can spend some more time at the recently opened E. Carroll Joyner Park that’s at the northern part of the town.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times
Grizz, the park is great, we also love it and plan to spend a lot of time there!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 PM

Thumbs up Build it and they will come

Here’s a link to the News 14 article about Wake Forest complete with a video snippet.

Wake Forest among fastest growing U.S. communities (http://news14.com/triangle-news-30-content/top_stories/620471/wake-forest-among-fastest-growing-u-s--communities - broken link)

Old 01-12-2010, 12:41 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Here’s a link to the News 14 article about Wake Forest complete with a video snippet.

Wake Forest among fastest growing U.S. communities (http://news14.com/triangle-news-30-content/top_stories/620471/wake-forest-among-fastest-growing-u-s--communities - broken link)
Interesting, especially median income and age...

Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM

Default By their fruits ye shall know them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Interesting, especially median income and age...
Indeed! The medium income is higher than I expected. No wonder so many of my six figure income friends want to move down here.

My only concern for making Wake Forest even better is by insuring that the public school education here is equal if not superior to private school in most other areas around the country. Is that too much to ask?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Quote:
The reporter said he beleived that WF and N.Raleigh will be the new heart of the triangle.Oh yeah baby!Perfect for when I list in the spring and high tail it out of here!
Excellent point. It's also great news for those who already live in Wake Forest. I've been telling people for years who are looking to move that if it were me I'd buy in Wake Forest west of Capital, north of Hwy98, and east of New Light. I'm willing to wager the property values in that area of northern Wake county will have doubled in the next 20 years.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Excellent point. It's also great news for those who already live in Wake Forest. I've been telling people for years who are looking to move that if it were me I'd buy in Wake Forest west of Capital, north of Hwy98, and east of New Light. I'm willing to wager the property values in that area of northern Wake county will have doubled in the next 20 years.
Thats where we are.Off purnell.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Indeed! The medium income is higher than I expected. No wonder so many of my six figure income friends want to move down here.

My only concern for making Wake Forest even better is by insuring that the public school education here is equal if not superior to private school in most other areas around the country. Is that too much to ask?
No, it is not,and I can tell you it will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary