Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 PM

76 posts, read 176,312 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed doing business with Craig at Fred Anderson Toyota. I had researched this forum thoroughly, and it seemed that Fred Anderson Toyota got some pretty good reviews. So we emailed about a couple of cars we saw on their website, and (luck of the draw) Craig emailed back. We were very picky and new exactly what we wanted. He was so kind and patient with us. This was a breath of fresh air because the other area dealerships had shown us everything we did not want and had tried to sell us more than we could afford, so it was nice for someone to actually listen to us.

Thanks so much for the guidance that you all provide on this forum.

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla in my garage right now. And it didn't set me back as much as I thought it would.

Last edited by cjchris; 01-21-2010 at 07:22 PM..

Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,418 times
seeing as you are so gracious in their praise I am curious what discount from list price did they gave you? did they charge you the silly 'Distributor Fee' or South East Toyota fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjchris View Post
Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed doing business with Craig Hales at Fred Anderson Toyota. I had researched this forum thoroughly, and it seemed that Fred Anderson Toyota got some pretty good reviews. So we emailed about a couple of cars we saw on their website, and (luck of the draw) Craig emailed back. We were very picky and new exactly what we wanted. He was so kind and patient with us. This was a breath of fresh air because the other area dealerships had shown us everything we did not want and had tried to sell us more than we could afford, so it was nice for someone to actually listen to us.

I have a pretty red 2009 Toyota Corolla in my garage right now. And it didn't set me back as much as I thought it would.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:17 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,176,636 times
yeah, i'd bet an 09 Corolla probably goes cheap right about now. might want to read this:

Toyota Vehicles : Toyota Files Voluntary Safety Recall on Select Toyota Division Vehicles for Sticking Accelerator Pedal / Toyota

is Fred Anderson the one off Glenwood? I called them about a xB and got the RUDEST salesperson ever? i reminded him that xBs are flat-rate prices, so the only reason to consider one dealer over the other is customer service, then hung up. Marc Jacobson got my business and, knock on wood, i've been happy so far.

Mike

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM

You know, I just really wanted to share a good experience. Sorry if others of you cannot allow me a moment of joy and to offer a bit of credit where credit is due.

Actually, we walked out of Marc Jacobson the day before because they would not even show us a used Toyota. They showed us 3 non-Toyotas before they showed us SEVEN new toyotas, then the salesman made us wait 10 minutes while he went to check on something. We left finally because he was so rude.

There was a similar experience at another dealership.

The salesman at Fred Anderson at least listened to us, so I would like to give him kudos. Period.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:10 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,176,636 times
sorry. i honestly was not trying to be an ass.

for starters, i legitimately wanted you to be aware of a potential issue on your car, especially since this information is brand new.

and as far as adding my $.02 regarding my experience at Fred Anderson, it would seem pertinent to share my experience in a thread dedicated to them. it wasn't meant to be argumentative, only informative.

i'm glad you had a good experience and found a salesperson who went the extra mile for you. it does seem they are rare to come by these days. enjoy your new car!

Mike

Old 01-22-2010, 05:11 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
seeing as you are so gracious in their praise I am curious what discount from list price did they gave you? did they charge you the silly 'Distributor Fee' or South East Toyota fee?
I'll agree with you 1000% that Toyota's regional distribution system is just plain stupid but the dealer is on the losing end of that setup IMO. They don't benefit from any of that nonsense. That's not to say they don't have their own nonsense going on, either.

To the OP-glad you got a deal you're happy with. That's what it's about and it seems to be a rarity-most people hold car dealers in contempt no mattter what they do.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjchris View Post
Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed doing business with Craig at Fred Anderson Toyota. I had researched this forum thoroughly, and it seemed that Fred Anderson Toyota got some pretty good reviews. So we emailed about a couple of cars we saw on their website, and (luck of the draw) Craig emailed back. We were very picky and new exactly what we wanted. He was so kind and patient with us. This was a breath of fresh air because the other area dealerships had shown us everything we did not want and had tried to sell us more than we could afford, so it was nice for someone to actually listen to us.

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla in my garage right now. And it didn't set me back as much as I thought it would.

Thanks for sharing. I am thinking of getting a toyota down the road and will keep this post in mind. I think I would avoid the other "big" toyota dealership anyway because I am not swayed by their constant offers of a free bobble-head doll of the owner! I would rather get a good deal with quality customer service like you described above. Enjoy the new car!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 AM

419 posts, read 1,397,921 times
Why not tell us what kind of discount you got. What's the hang up? Last March I bought a Ford Fusion from Crossroads Ford for $4,700 off MSRP. See, that wasn't too difficult.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 AM

545 posts, read 1,605,767 times
Glad you had a good experience.

When I bought my Camry from them back in 2003, my experience was horrible, and I will never, never, never buy anything from them again, and any time I am asked I tell people to not shop there. My saleman was fine, but the sales manager yelled at me and talked down to me so bad. This was when they were building the new buidling so you had to sit in the middle of the room in front of everyone doing your business, so everyone saw how he was treating me. I was so embarrased but I did not actually cry until I got back in my vehicle. Teh salesman followed me out and apologized. If I'd had any sense I would have bought elsewhere, but I really wanted the car and just wanted the whole experience over with. After all the crap, they ended up giving me the price I was asking for anyway (the saleman called me at home later of course).

Sorry Fred Anderson, but I hold a grudge like a dog w/ a bone. My next vehicle will probably be a RAV4 or Honda CRV, but the RAV4 will not come from your dealership you can be sure.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
Why not tell us what kind of discount you got. What's the hang up? Last March I bought a Ford Fusion from Crossroads Ford for $4,700 off MSRP. See, that wasn't too difficult.
Based on the responses I got, why bother.

Whatever amount I post will get picked apart and criticized, so I have learned my lesson, thank you very much, and will just use this forum for research and not expect to be able to contribute in public, just by private message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary