Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:26 PM

122 posts, read 488,222 times

Advertisements

The video was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,035 times
I loved Durham. It had excitement. Thansk for posting BCR

Old 06-03-2007, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 28,798 times
Thanks for posting the link! It shares genuine positive features of Durham as opposed to the negative rap that is all too often spread.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenac View Post
Thanks for posting the link! It shares genuine positive features of Durham as opposed to the negative rap that is all too often spread.
I haven't watched it yet but I know I like it already. In the past week three different people have told me Durham is scary and dangerous. They all lived in Cary or Raleigh. Not to start up the debate again but it's annoying...I've lived here for a month ... STILL waiting for scary. (granted, I haven't been to the heart of East Durham just yet)

Old 06-03-2007, 02:07 PM

13 posts, read 27,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlerascals View Post
Thanks for this! I had found similar videos for other areas in the triangle but hadn't seen anything on Durham!
I feel so fortunate to be relocating when there is so much info available long distance!
Where have you found other videos on the Triangle? If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great to see.

Thanks.

Sue

Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Ok I watched it -- GREAT video -- so glad I moved here! Wow, I can't wait to go to Full Frame.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 AM

319 posts, read 1,478,472 times
Thanks for posting that video! It reminded me that I haven't been to Nasher in awhile. I love that museum. I never thought I would find a musuem quite as exciting as MoMa. Boy was I wrong. Seeing the menu board for Foster's made me think of their yummy scones and delicious smoothies. So glad I settled down here!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:42 AM

60 posts, read 215,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Hey all,

I've stumbled across a video on Apple's iTunes that is worth a watch if you want to learn more about Durham. It's produced by Duke Law as a video introducing Durham (probably to prospective law school students) but it really does a good job of demonstrating the good things happening in the Bull City.

You'll need iTunes on your computer to watch this video. If you have it installed, visit the link titled "OK" below, or go to itunes.duke.edu, enter iTunes, and go to the Duke Law section.

OK
Mistakably Durham maybe?...video was well done, not awesome, but it didn't present a well-rounded picture of Durham. Northgate Mall was not shown but is much closer to Duke campus than Southpoint Mall which was shown. The latter is a trendier mall, guess that's why it's in the video. And Magnolia Grill deserves it's props, but too much attention was given to it.
Citizen Matt, Durham citizen for over 20 years

Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM

39 posts, read 92,258 times
If the other restaurant was the Q Shack on 15-501, then I would also mention the nice restaurant across the street - Thai Cafe. Can you say roast duck and curry sauce! Soooo good! The drive to this area of town from the city center is also very pretty.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:17 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Matt View Post
Mistakably Durham maybe?...video was well done, not awesome, but it didn't present a well-rounded picture of Durham. Northgate Mall was not shown but is much closer to Duke campus than Southpoint Mall which was shown. The latter is a trendier mall, guess that's why it's in the video. And Magnolia Grill deserves it's props, but too much attention was given to it.
Citizen Matt, Durham citizen for over 20 years

I've lived in Durham for 21 years and grew up going to Northgate. I also worked in the mall for 4 years. I don't believe it was shown b/c unfortunately it has gone downhill since Southpoint opened. The selection of stores are very limited. I do hope the improvements they are doing will do well over time. But I can see why it isn't considered a highlight in Durham. I don't think it was well rounded either, but trying to show "the best of Durham."

By the way I love the video and thanks for finding it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary