Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times

Advertisements

My office is about two miles from my home if I go the long way. If I go the back way, through the neighborhood behind my home, I can make it in 3 minutes. If there are alot of the insane joggers in my way...it could take me as long as five minutes! If its raining and there are some REALLY insane joggers...I try to slow down long enough to just stare at them and wonder what are they running FROM. Ok...time for me to go to bed...I'm getting punchy! Oh you noticed??? Yes, I DID have a point...live close to where you work!!! Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 03:32 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
My husband and I are visiting the Raleigh area the first week of September to decide if we will be moving there or not next year. We are looking at NE Wake County, Franklin County (maybe Youngsville), Nash County, and maybe Johnston County. One of my concerns is, how long will the commute to Raleigh be if we end up in Franklin, Nash, or Johnston? If it would be more than 45-60 minutes, we won't even consider it as a possibility.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:35 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
My husband and I are visiting the Raleigh area the first week of September to decide if we will be moving there or not next year. We are looking at NE Wake County, Franklin County (maybe Youngsville), Nash County, and maybe Johnston County. One of my concerns is, how long will the commute to Raleigh be if we end up in Franklin, Nash, or Johnston? If it would be more than 45-60 minutes, we won't even consider it as a possibility.
Unless you're working odd hours and aren't commuting when everyone else is, then yeah it can easily get up to an hour from those places, if not more.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
Thanks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 AM

7 posts, read 18,613 times
This is the kind of "insider info" I need - maps just don't tell the whole story. May I ask what subdivision you live in? I like some land beneath my toes and the commute time to RTP sounds good. Thanks! Mary `
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Yes I would also agree it depends..........here are my examples though:

When we lived in apex/cary (near the ten ten exit on us 1) my hubby works in research triangle park, page road exit. his commute (in the 10 different short cuts he would take to work) would be close to an hour if he left between 730 and 845 am

we now live in wake forest (on the west side of 98) and it takes him 30 minutes, without traffic, no highways, all back roads. For us, it is the best decision we made! yes, we were closer to rtp, cary, etc before, but now we live on a acre in a subdivision and he doesn't have traffic to make him irritated!

leigh

Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
Hi

We live in covington ridge, off of purnell road. Basically, in wake forest you can live on the east side of capital blvd (us 1) or the west side. We live on the west side. Many of the developments in wake forest (especially on the west side) must have bigger lots because we are on community water (a community well) and septic. When you have septic, the lots must be bigger. Anyhow, not all of the subdivisions are like this in wake forest, but you can find them. Wake forest is booming now, and 5 years ago you did not see as many housing developments or as many houses in the 500k range. now, it seems that most of the new developments are 500k plus. we have a golf course being built about 3 miles from us where the houses are starting around 800k.

So, we are a little more spread out here! Let me know if you have more detailed questions, you can send me a PM or send it to my personal account: leigh@thebhes.com

leigh

Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM

7 posts, read 18,613 times
Thank you so much! I had pulled Covington Ridge's web site before, but thought it would be too far for my husband to drive to RTP. 30 minutes isn't bad! Is there shopping nearby? We've lived on private well & septic systems for years so no problem there. Also got an email from Crescent Ridge. They seem to have larger lots too and are somewhere up there (North)! I am planning my first trip to Raleigh in October & hopefully, this will all start to come together in my head then (or maybe not!) Thanks again - I may email you again. Mary

Old 08-23-2006, 03:22 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
mary

I sent you an email to your personal account regarding covington ridge

leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary