Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 04:25 PM

212 posts, read 1,017,165 times

Advertisements

I was on my way home from work today and the police had a random license check. Never seen anything like this expect at night with DWI stops. Anyhow I didn't realize it but my license had expired on my birthday that was two weeks back. I never got a reminder in the mail or anything. The Officer issued me a ticket and said I had to come to court. I had to call my wife to pick me up and take me to the DMV since he said I could not drive home with an expired licenses.

I renewed the license now what ? The officer said the court case should get dismissed once I show them my renewed licenses. Has anyone else experienced this ? I am just worried about having my insurance go up just because I had no idea my licenses expired. I think its a honest mistake, whatever happened to 30 day warnings? I mean honestly how often does a person ive look at the expiration date on their licenses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 PM

792 posts, read 4,489,959 times
Just show up in court with proof that you renewed your license and almost certainly the case will be dropped. If you search this forum you will find someone who was recently in your exact situation, I think it was 3-4 months ago. Nothing to worry about at all, and it's not a violation that will affect your insurance.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times
I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you bring your renewed license to court and everything should be dropped.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:48 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,116,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you bring your renewed license to court and everything should be dropped.
This!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 AM

41 posts, read 83,132 times
Above is correct. If you got your ticket in Raleigh, it will be set in disposition court and you can go anytime from 7 to 3. Lunch is usually the slowest time.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:02 PM

117 posts, read 284,332 times
This type of ticket is almost always dismissed by the DA in my experience. If for some reason it is not, then ask for a continuance and consult with an attorney.

- Jeff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary