Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:16 PM

959 posts, read 4,492,274 times

Advertisements

I knew I was going to be driving through Hope Valley Farms today so I packed my camera, inspired by the photo thread I had so much fun taking photos of houses that caught my eye, and I'd love to know which ones are people's favorites They're all conveniently numbered for you

The streets were mostly deserted, but there was one guy that was in his front yard and got to see me go by a few times, and possibly take a photo or two. As I went by him more closely I waved, but he just glared at me. I told the hubby he prob thought I was casing out the neighborhood but he said the guy probably just assumed I was taking photos for the architectural review committee - wouldn't that make anyone grouchy

After I drove through I also took photos in Sunningdale and Hope Valley Green (which are neighborhoods across the highway from Hope Valley Farms). All three are lovely tranquil neighborhoods with lots and lots of trees EVERYWHERE.

I found a website that exclusively links to homes for sale in the various Hope Valley neighborhoods. Click on any of the little house photos along the top of this web page to see all the listings available in the Hope Valley area.
Hope Valley - Hope Valley Durham NC real estate - North Carolina Homes for Sale - 06/05/07

I also took photos in historic Hope Valley today, but posted them in a separate thread b/c I took such a crazy amount of photos:
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ey-durham.html

Enough of my jabbering, here are the photos! (PS - sorry about all the trashcans! I tried to avoid as many as I could)

HOPE VALLEY FARMS

Here is the sign at the entrance to Hope Valley Farms, which has several smaller neighborhoods within it.

A view of the S Roxboro, the main street that goes through Hope Valley Farms.

A view down one of the streets

HV Farms House 1

HV Farms House 2

HV Farms House 3

HV Farms House 4

HV Farms House 5

HV Farms House 6

HV Farms House 7

HV Farms House 8

HV Farms House 9

HV Farms House 10

HV Farms House 11

HV Farms House 12

HV Farms House 13

SUNNINGDALE

Sunningdale House 1

Sunningdale House 2

Sunningdale House 3

HOPE VALLEY GREEN

HV Green House 1

HV Green House 2

HV Green House 3

THE END Hope you enjoyed your photo tour through Hope Valley Farms, Hope Valley Green, and Sunningdale!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Again, wonderful pics! Maybe I should hop in my car tomorrow & help you document the local neighbourhoods.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Again, wonderful pics! Maybe I should hop in my car tomorrow & help you document the local neighbourhoods.
Woodcroft is all yours then! I had so much fun taking photos

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM

56 posts, read 333,461 times
Default nice job

thanks for the photos. Love the ones with lush plantings.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM

174 posts, read 196,233 times
Hope Valley is so much nicer than this place. Hope Valley Farms is just trading on a name.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBreakdance View Post
Hope Valley is so much nicer than this place. Hope Valley Farms is just trading on a name.
It's hardly fair to compare homes under 350k to million/multi-million dollar Historic Hope Valley homes As for the names, it's fairly common for neighborhoods that are near each other to use name themes. For example, many of the neighborhoods south of the Hope Valley area have the word "Southpoint" in them. Are they capitalizing on the mall, trying to insinuate they were built by the builders of the mall, or simply using a familiar regional landmark to make their own location identifiable? People living in Sunningdale probably have many people give them a huh look when they say where they live. But "Hope Valley Farms" or "Southpoint Manor" gives you a ballpark idea of where the neighborhood is

Old 06-06-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
It's hardly fair to compare homes under 350k to million/multi-million dollar Historic Hope Valley homes
Not all of the homes in Hope Valley are $1MM+. There are many homes built in the 1960s - 1970s (I'm estimating) in the $300k - $600k range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
For example, many of the neighborhoods south of the Hope Valley area have the word "Southpoint" in them. Are they capitalizing on the mall, trying to insinuate they were built by the builders of the mall, or simply using a familiar regional landmark to make their own location identifiable?
Yes, I think that they are trading on the perceived "prestiege" of Southpoint mall. Look at it this way, if Southpoint were a crappy mall with a Burlington Coat Factory in place of Nordy's would the developers still use the name for their neighborhoods?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 AM

405 posts, read 1,769,873 times
And what's wrong with that? Why NOT try to up your image/recognition by associating yourself with an upscale neighborhood or shopping center? Seems like common sense to me.

My father is a builder up north and names his subdivisions after Julia Roberts' movies. How'd you like to live in one of those

I think it's kind of silly to say that Hope Valley is "so much nicer" than Hope Valley Farms. Of course it is... and dry aged steak tastes better than ramen noodles, but that doesn't mean I can afford to eat it for dinner every night. Don't lose sight of the fact that for some of us, homes like those pictured in Hope Valley Farms seem like Shangri La, and being able to purchase one is a major accomplishment. It's great to see pictures from all of these neighborhoods.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 AM

Exactly I really tried to get a wide range of house sizes and price points - including in historic Hope Valley where I'm quite aware that not every home is $1,000,000 on up In the future I plan to photograph even more budget friendly neighborhoods, as well as some apartment complexes since there are so many looking for temporary housing Sure they're not as spectactular looking as historic Hope Valley homes, but even the smallest homes can have a great deal of beauty through color, architectural details and landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by procfreq View Post
I think it's kind of silly to say that Hope Valley is "so much nicer" than Hope Valley Farms. Of course it is... and dry aged steak tastes better than ramen noodles, but that doesn't mean I can afford to eat it for dinner every night. Don't lose sight of the fact that for some of us, homes like those pictured in Hope Valley Farms seem like Shangri La, and being able to purchase one is a major accomplishment. It's great to see pictures from all of these neighborhoods.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 AM

Hope Valley Farms cheapens the Hope Valley brand. It is too bad that they built the country club before people thought to trademark names like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary