Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,394 times

Advertisements

Hi, Ladies!!

I am looking for a preschool that instills a love of learning. I want a cheerful, half-day place that emphasizes art and science. I want the place to radiate the joy of intellectual discovery. In my old town, we had a preschool like this that was at our museum - but I'll be danged if I see anything like it down here.

I don't want anything institutionalized or ignorant. No daycares. Church is okay as long as it's a mind-on-excellence kind of thing. I'm sorry not to write those requirements in a more diplomatic way; I have 3 kids and am too exhausted to turn phrases.

Oh, I'm in Clayton so obviously I'm willing to drive/pay.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 08:31 AM

305 posts, read 768,170 times
I could name some places in Chapel Hill, but that might be a bit far to drive. If you're really interested let me know. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM

289 posts, read 489,585 times
One preschool that I LOVE LOVE LOVE is Millbrook Methodist in North Raleigh-- 1/2 day, with a special music program and a special science enrichment program. A bit of a drive for you though. Horne Memorial Preschool in Clayton is also very good (PM me for details). Call soon- most preschools have had registration, but you may luck out and find a slot.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM

189 posts, read 374,738 times
Claytonmom, those are the kinds of places I'd want for my daughter if we relocate to the area. My big worry is that, as most places have done registration weeks/months ago, we're going to be out of luck if we come down in August or September.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM

271 posts, read 700,901 times
Little Pro's Academy in Raleigh By WakeMed Hospital

Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM

306 posts, read 883,366 times
Check out Primrose Schools... they have a wonderful curriculum. They're expensive, but they do have half-day options. I'm not sure where there is one closest to you but I'm sure their website would be helpful.

TeacherAmy - you could very easily luck out at that time of year. August and January tend to be the times when they switch classes over so places tend to find spots available!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM

189 posts, read 374,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
Check out Primrose Schools... they have a wonderful curriculum. They're expensive, but they do have half-day options. I'm not sure where there is one closest to you but I'm sure their website would be helpful.

TeacherAmy - you could very easily luck out at that time of year. August and January tend to be the times when they switch classes over so places tend to find spots available!
Thank you for that. She's in such a joyful and loving place now, and I'm really eager to find a similar situation in our next location, wherever that may be.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM

273 posts, read 912,004 times
Try Raleigh based Arts Together on St. Mary's Street. They are extraordinary and have joyful and loving teachers that are true believers in your children. Their organization is over 25 years old and is recognized as a premier preschool in the Raleigh area. They have half day, part week or full week options. Their Multi Arts approach is adored by families and children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary