Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM

47 posts, read 193,592 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! Does anybody know of a website that lists all of the different housing developments in the Raliegh/Cary/Apex, etc. area? Something that maybe lists all the developments, their community ammenities, location, home prices, etc., all in one place?

We are going down next week and would like to check out some housing developments, but I'm having a really hard time finding out what they all are! There seem to be sooo many and it's been taking me forever to figure out what's what. If there was a realtor or someone out there who had compiled all of the info onto one website, he/she is a genius!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
Do you mean EVERY housing development That's a huge task. Perhaps you mean only the NEW housing developments? Even that is largely dependent on the developer's advertising budget. There is a new home magazine that I see in the grocery stores, but of course it only lists the ones who pay to be in the magazine.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Do you mean EVERY housing development That's a huge task.
Yes! Are there really that many?!?! A list of new ones would be fine too I suppose. Just something!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
I would suggest getting in touch with an realtor, get a buyer's agent (which doesn't cost you a thing, but they are there to represent you and help you navigate the territory!!!). You can talk with this person, and they can get a feel for what you are looking for, and then send you listings of homes in neighborhoods and information about the neighborhoods that will help you.

This area is huge! You have the triangle (which is considered raleigh, durham and chapel hill) then all of the small towns in between - many people choose areas within the triangle based on their commute to work, if that is not an issue, then other factors may be.

Anyhow, getting a realtor is very very common around here to help you navigate the area.

Leigh

Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,154,614 times
I heard someone, I think an appraiser, say that Raleigh has over 600 subdivisions and neighborhoods.
It is tough to find an all-encompassing list.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove12 View Post
Yes! Are there really that many?!?!
Yes!

Try this. . . . . . .

Go to this website: http://imaps.co.wake.nc.us/imaps/main.htm?msize=525

On the right hand side, make sure "Existing Subdivisions" is checked. Now zoom in using the "+" magnifying glass found over on the far left hand side.

See what I mean?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
You can stop in at any grocery store or drug store and pick up a "New Homes Guide". It lists all the new homes/subdivisions in the area. It also includes some maps, that will be helpful. It used to be online, as well. Actually, the interesting part is that it used to be about 2 inches thick and now...it is about l/3 of that size.

Vicki

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Oh, wow. I thought there were maybe like...100? I had no idea there were 600+! I think I will have to contact a realtor, and I'll definitely be picking up that New Homes guide! Thanks everybody!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Actually... can anybody throw out some names of the nice developments that would offer a fairly quick (20 min or less) commute to downtown Raleigh? I know this is really subjective, but it would still really help me. Close to shopping and moderately sized lots (don't need an acre just some room to breathe!) are our biggest concerns, as well as price (no more than $450K). Having a few names would at least give me a good starting point and I'd at least feel like I was planning something instead of waiting to figure this all out when we get down there! THanks so much!!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove12 View Post
Oh, wow. I thought there were maybe like...100? I had no idea there were 600+!
. . . . . .and Mike said that the 600 were only in Raleigh. That doesn't count Apex or Cary or any of the other smaller municipalities/towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary