Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:31 AM

12 posts, read 24,912 times

Advertisements

Thanks for evryone that has replied for the information you have shared is truly invaluable. I wanted to see if anyone could give me specific data on the following neighborhoods that I seem to like best for a possible new construction.

1. Cary: Greyhawk Landing right off Ten Ten Rd. Seems like a mice community with somewhat smaller yet cozy lots with some mature trees

2. Chatham Cty Chapel Hill: Windfall. THis development was my first choice at onepoint and is located right out 64 past Jordan Lake. 20 min ride to work for me. 3 to 5 acre wodded lots. Alot of privacy but only 25 homes built there and are somewhatr wpread out. It is right up the road from Legacy and Preserve

3. North Raleigh: Rose Hall, THis too is on the short list for they have lotsof approx 1 acre with alot of natural trees through the entire development. Seems very nice but I cannot find alot of info on the development. It is near falls of nuese and possum track rd.

4. Fuquay Varina: Brackenridge estates: I have been considering this as an option as well but I am concerned iwth the value of homes and resale in the future.

5. Cary: Copperleaf: This development also seemed very appealing for it has not lost must steam and seems to be progressing nicely. I alos like that you can get a .75 acre lot in Cary but I am worried that this development is still too open and not enough privacy or mature trees

Coming from the NorthEast I do not want to live in any McMansion type community where you an see 40 to 50 homes just by looking out your front window. My challenge has been that I want a family, kid friendly community with som enatural privacy between each home. Any additional feedback owuld be appreciated on these specific developments. I am also coming in this week to look at some resales but I believe my wife has her heart set on building a new home. Thanks again for all the feedback ands PM's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 AM

75 posts, read 146,312 times
Wow, it's 3 people and maybe 4 soon: 5000sf?!?! It's funny when I post a question here I get very few responses but there are several here already for a million dollar home with 5000sf for 3 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary