Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 PM

223 posts, read 577,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez the dog View Post
We were there for WICKED...4th row orchestra...like a sweat box !
Interestingly enough, I called DPAC today and spoke with someone in "operations management" about how uncomfortably hot it was during the performance. She stated that they have received zero complaints about the temperature. I found this quite hard to believe.

I wonder how Francois' trip was this weekend? Hopefully enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 02:13 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,175,341 times
The wife and a few of her friends caught the 2PM show of Wicked last Saturday. I warned them about the temperature based on this thread. They said the temp was just fine for them. Hopefully this was just a fluke. FWIW, the temp was fine the 2 times I've been as well. The first time I was up in the nosebleeds and the second I was down in the Orchestra.

Mike

Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
The wife and a few of her friends caught the 2PM show of Wicked last Saturday. I warned them about the temperature based on this thread. They said the temp was just fine for them. Hopefully this was just a fluke. FWIW, the temp was fine the 2 times I've been as well. The first time I was up in the nosebleeds and the second I was down in the Orchestra.

Mike
That's good to know. We have tickets for December; so I am hoping that it was indeed a fluke.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:16 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf_Rocks View Post
I wonder how Francois' trip was this weekend? Hopefully enjoyable.
It was perfectly fine--no temperature issues at all, and I went to a matinee (i.e., with sun beating in the lobby windows) and was on the top balcony (heat rises). After your post, I was concerned, but it was just fine.

Maybe the hottest part, somehow, was down front, since you and one other person in that section are the only ones to mention it? Could it have ben proximity to the stage lights? Though if that's the case, the performers themselves would have been baking.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
It was perfectly fine--no temperature issues at all, and I went to a matinee (i.e., with sun beating in the lobby windows) and was on the top balcony (heat rises). After your post, I was concerned, but it was just fine.

Maybe the hottest part, somehow, was down front, since you and one other person in that section are the only ones to mention it? Could it have ben proximity to the stage lights? Though if that's the case, the performers themselves would have been baking.
Pleased you had a an enjoyable time.

Yeah, we were wondering if the stage lights were a factor in the steadily increasing temps. The actors were pros nonetheless, they literally did not "let them see you sweat."

Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 PM

260 posts, read 545,888 times
We were there yesterday for the afternoon show. Temp was just perfect - actually a bit on the too cool side.

Sorry that so many people were uncomfortable. I've had that problem at Progress Energy Center before. It's a rotten experience.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:54 PM

222 posts, read 545,921 times
I was at the David Gray concert last month where people are actually dancing, and I didn't feel hot at all. They must have had a problem last night.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:00 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,891 times
I sat around where NRG sat on a 2PM show on mothers day of Wicked, and actually thought it was pretty cool in the place also.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM

578 posts, read 3,081,729 times
You really need to complain to the staff at the time of the issue. Minimally they'd probably have refunded your ticket price. Better yet they'd have turned on the AC for you.

Same goes with any other poor service/goods you purchase. You don't need to be belligerent about it, but you should be honest and speak up. As you said, you called them and they said they had no complaints. You fell into that category yourself until you finally called them.

Most places selling goods/services aim to please and will do whatever they can to make you happy. But only if you tell them.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
You really need to complain to the staff at the time of the issue. Minimally they'd probably have refunded your ticket price. Better yet they'd have turned on the AC for you.

Same goes with any other poor service/goods you purchase. You don't need to be belligerent about it, but you should be honest and speak up. As you said, you called them and they said they had no complaints. You fell into that category yourself until you finally called them.

Most places selling goods/services aim to please and will do whatever they can to make you happy. But only if you tell them.
Yes, we did speak to the manager while at the performance. They insisted that there was nothing wrong with the AC. We did ask for a refund. The on-site manager said that there was nothing that they could do. He gave us vouchers for drinks--which we did not use.

We then called the next day to speak with upper management. Again, we were told that because they did not actually sell us the tickets (Ticketmaster did), and that they are only a venue they would not be refunding us. They stated that they have a policy of not refunding tickets.

I am very unhappy with who DPAC has handled this issue. There were many guests who were sickened by the temps and management did little to help them. One woman attended the performance alone so we drove her home as she was in no shape to drive.

So yes, we absolutely did "speak up."

Thank you for your arrogant and ignorant lecture btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary