Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times

Advertisements

Krispy Kreme reopens; Raleigh rejoices

"Despite the rain, doughnut fans began lining up Monday afternoon for a chance to win a dozen doughnuts each week for a year."

Where was Mike J. when all this went down? I thought for sure he would have been in the mix and taken old Troy Smith down and claimed the Krispy Kreme reward for himslef!

Hot Now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 PM

476 posts, read 1,677,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
"Despite the rain, doughnut fans began lining up Monday afternoon for a chance to win a dozen doughnuts each week for a year."
And a free echocardiogram at year's end? Liposuction discount coupons? I love them too, but for once I am glad we in Cary don't have something you have... I'd be as big as a house!

I swear I can smell them now (drooling) (wiping keyboard!). OK, maybe one wouldn't hurt...

Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,467 times
One original glazed has 200 calories. The other varieties are generally higher, ranging up to 300. So, if one were to eat just one, it wouldn't be so bad but, unfortunately, most people probably eat more than one at a sitting.

OK, sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I had to do the math! If one were to eat all of the donuts that they won themselves, and ate them as an addition to whatever meals they normally eat that presumably keep them at a steady weight, they would gain 35 pounds in that year. And that is assuming they are eating the original glazed variety.

Last edited by jgb; 06-01-2010 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 02:24 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,081,580 times
Don't forget the ice cream too !

We go twice a year. Honestly ....

Frank

Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Krispy Kreme reopens; Raleigh rejoices

Where was Mike J. when all this went down? I thought for sure he would have been in the mix and taken old Troy Smith down and claimed the Krispy Kreme reward for himslef!

Hot Now!
This is absolutely fabulous news, but I'm hiding from calories....

Calculate the poundage in 52 dozen donuts. Whoa...
Although, some would likely assume that a less capable donut eater might share over the course of a year.
Odd thought, that.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
The powered sugar shaker rides again!

If it is a doughnut you must par-take
than make sure it is baked!
Having one that is fried
has certainly been tried
most likely until we have cried!

May caloric value of Krispy Kreme be with you young doughnut fryer!

MikeJ. I believe your thought was even!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:53 AM

234 posts, read 823,098 times
One of the glazed may only be 200 calories, but the fat content is very high. They are good doughnuts and I used to eat them when I was younger. None for me now...when I see them all I can think is how long on the treadmill I will need to run to get rid of the calories!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb View Post
One original glazed has 200 calories. The other varieties are generally higher, ranging up to 300. So, if one were to eat just one, it wouldn't be so bad but, unfortunately, most people probably eat more than one at a sitting.

OK, sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I had to do the math! If one were to eat all of the donuts that they won themselves, and ate them as an addition to whatever meals they normally eat that presumably keep them at a steady weight, they would gain 35 pounds in that year. And that is assuming they are eating the original glazed variety.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,467 times
Regarding the sharing, didn't it say in the article that they guy who won the prize would NOT be sharing!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,020 times
Question Krispy Kreme in Chapel Hill

I saw on the Krispy Kreme website that they are opening a store in Chapel Hill in July 2010. Does anyone know where it will be located?

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM

234 posts, read 823,098 times
Right next to the UNC hospital...lol

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
I saw on the Krispy Kreme website that they are opening a store in Chapel Hill in July 2010. Does anyone know where it will be located?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary