Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
If there is any time the mall SHOULD be busy, it would be in December.
Yup. Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM

6 posts, read 12,842 times
You both hate the mall so much yet BOTH OF YOU were there at the same time today? And took pictures? LMAO,, this is getting hilarious. I was at the mall more than once before X-Mas and the mall was extremely busy. Don't worry about it though because it's only the few of you who read this page anyway.
I'll be back with pictures to post too. Out of town right now but when I return next week I'll make sure to stop by the MALL for a picture taking outing. Bwwaaahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I was there at the same time. This was also the day of the big Herberger's sale and apparently some kiddie crap event was also going on. It was still far from busy. The concept of the enclosed mall has been dying for years.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson65 View Post
You both hate the mall so much yet BOTH OF YOU were there at the same time today? And took pictures? LMAO,, this is getting hilarious. I was at the mall more than once before X-Mas and the mall was extremely busy. Don't worry about it though because it's only the few of you who read this page anyway.
I'll be back with pictures to post too. Out of town right now but when I return next week I'll make sure to stop by the MALL for a picture taking outing. Bwwaaahahaha
I don't hate the mall, I just don't think it's anything special. There are far better places to shop. We were there at the same time because we are married, and we were there for the Herberger's sale and needed to make a stop at Sears.

LMAO at "extremely busy"...keep telling yourself that. Have you ever been to a mall in a bigger city (and I don't mean Sioux Falls)? You will see the difference.

Have fun on your mall outing next week.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 AM

993 posts, read 1,768,373 times
Quote:
Do you know what a busy mall is?? That question was rhetorical by the way. I have friends that WORK in the mall and talk about how slow it is. Your uninformed opinion is almost comical.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM

20 posts, read 63,572 times
I was at the mall several times in December, the food court was packed, but other than December, the mall seems pretty slow.
The store and kyosk choices are pretty cool. Very entertaining mall.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
I was at the mall yesterday and it was very full. The parking lot outside both front entrances were full and had to park way out there. There are days when it's slow and there are days when it's busy. Just like Rushmore Crossing there are very slow days there too. Talking about the mall closing and stores being empty is ridiculous.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidefly View Post
I was at the mall yesterday and it was very full. The parking lot outside both front entrances were full and had to park way out there. There are days when it's slow and there are days when it's busy. Just like Rushmore Crossing there are very slow days there too. Talking about the mall closing and stores being empty is ridiculous.
You might want to work on your reading comprehension. No one said the mall was going to close. The occupancy rate was down by a large number, that it lost over 60% of its appraised value and the loan the parent company has is on the verge of default. No where did anyone say it was going to close. Furthermore, the conclusions of some are that the glory days of the indoor mall have passed by.

Rushmore crossings has better access. I've seen the crossings not be as busy on some days, but there is always ample activity going on there.

Last edited by SD4020; 03-11-2013 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 PM

10 posts, read 22,306 times
Quote:
If I had to guess I'd say you're about 15 years old by the way you talk about the Rushmore Mall being "busy." I grew up in the area in the 90s and the ONLY reason we didn't have to park out by the street when we came to town for our shopping was because my father had a Handicap sticker. These days, when I make it up to visit home (and the mall), which tends to be weekends, I park within the first couple rows outside the food court with no problem. I then walk through the center of the food court instead of going around the eating area because no one is sitting in it. My fiancee and I talk in almost a whisper as we walk through to avoid echoing off the walls. When I was growing up we always walked around because the food court would be packed and had to yell in order to be heard above the crowds despite standing right next to each other. I had to keep within a step or two of my parents to avoid getting lost in the crowd. Now, I see little kids who run a good 10-15 yards in front of their parents without a single person breaking their line of sight. So, please, tell me again how the mall is "busier than ever." I need a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City