Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,658,073 times

Advertisements

Next week my family and I will be camping in Custer State Park

However ..... the new Harry Potter movie will be out while we are in SD. So, anyone have recommendations for what movie theater we should go to? Any we should steer clear of?

Thanks a lot - and I have to say that the whole family is getting so excited as we get closer to vacation time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 02:30 AM

68 posts, read 172,272 times
Your choices for theaters that will be showing the new harry potter when it comes out in the black hills are
- Rushmore 7. This cinema is up by the mall and is owned by Carmike cinemas - full digital DLP projection, stadium seating, dts surround sound.
- Northern hills Cinema in spearfish will have it as well - Dolby surround sound, stadium seating.

When I see a new movie, I normally go to the Rushmore 7/Carmike 10. There are lots of showings of the new potter, however, me thinks they will sell out quickly. Arrive EARLY, or get your tickets in advanced.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,658,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVAstopGamer View Post
Your choices for theaters that will be showing the new harry potter when it comes out in the black hills are
- Rushmore 7. This cinema is up by the mall and is owned by Carmike cinemas - full digital DLP projection, stadium seating, dts surround sound.
- Northern hills Cinema in spearfish will have it as well - Dolby surround sound, stadium seating.

When I see a new movie, I normally go to the Rushmore 7/Carmike 10. There are lots of showings of the new potter, however, me thinks they will sell out quickly. Arrive EARLY, or get your tickets in advanced.
Thanks for the advice! Do you know how far in advance I can book tickets? I really wouldn't want to drive down to RC from Custer only to find out there is no availibility for the day.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM

68 posts, read 172,272 times
You can buy tickets online at Fandango . be sure to check the rushmore 7 theater page and make sure the show times are identical to the show times listed at fandango. You will still need to arrive early unless you do not mind splitting up or sitting in the lower part of the theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City