Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 AM

551 posts, read 1,594,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnat View Post
Firehouse gives my diarrhea

I'm sorry about the diarrhea but eating at the Firehouse has never done that for me. In fact, I have lovely memories of the place. My husband couldn't propose to me there, but he did take me to it for our second wedding anniversary. We had a lovely dinner. We still eat there when we get into town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,876,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
I'm sorry about the diarrhea but eating at the Firehouse has never done that for me. In fact, I have lovely memories of the place. My husband couldn't propose to me there, but he did take me to it for our second wedding anniversary. We had a lovely dinner. We still eat there when we get into town.
I am about to start a rather disgusting tally of places that give ashnat the Hersey Squirts...

So for I have counted two.

Firehouse is good, but overprice for what you get. And last month I ate there and did not suffer an gastric distress.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:44 AM

380 posts, read 1,002,334 times
This thread is awfully old, but I was wondering if anyone knew the restaurant that I am thinking about. Last year when my family lived in Rapid for that short 6 weeks we went out for a drive to sight see. I believe we went west in search of a waterfall somewhere in the hills. We never found the one that we were looking for, but we did find another where you got off the highway and drove on a gravel road for a while and then you could park, get out and walk to it. You could walk on these bridges to read the signs that had info on the waterfall and get a better look at it too. When we left and got back to the highway we noticed that there was a restaurant right across the highway. It looked like a steak house maybe. What attracted me to it was that on the back side of the building was outdoor dining with a roof over you. It sat next to the edge of the hill and if you were sitting there eating, you would have a breathtaking view of the Black Hills. We parked in their lot just to get out and walk some more because there was a trail that went behind the restaurant and deep into the hills where you could see another huge waterfall. When we came back from the hike we walked right by it and saw people dressed to impress sitting outside enjoying their dinners and man did smell SOOOOOO good! We would have gone in, but we were not exactly wearing the most appropriate attire. Does anyone know what that place was called and where it is located. Honestly I know that I couldn't find it again without direction. When we get back up there we want to dine there. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:32 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,876,328 times
Brian are you thinking of the Fireside?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM

948 posts, read 2,797,743 times
Sounds exactly like the Latchstring across from the Spearfish Canyon Lodge below Roughlock Falls. Funny thing is I think you may have been looking for Bridal Veil Falls, but Roughlock is far more impressive IMO.
The Latchstring is IMO great somedays and ok on others. If I'm in that area I hit the Cheyenne Crossing Rest. Owners are great food is great service, atmospehre and so on. Once they started doing dinner's with excellent steaks and made from scratch per order pasta and rice features YuMMMMMMMM it made a great place even better (plus they added on). Also anyone thats been to Cheyenne Crossing knows they have a great breakfast as well.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM

380 posts, read 1,002,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Brian are you thinking of the Fireside?

No, Ryan that isn't it. That does sound familiar. What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric#1 View Post
Sounds exactly like the Latchstring across from the Spearfish Canyon Lodge below Roughlock Falls.

Yes, this is the place!!! I just checked the website and looked at the pictures. This was it! Thanks for the info!!!

Check out the dining photos on this link...the views are awesome! I would have posted the pictures directly, but I think I got scolded the last time I did that and my pics were removed.

Enjoy a meal at the Latchstring Inn in Spearfish Canyon - Spearfish Canyon Lodge

Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 AM

4 posts, read 7,727 times
Our Top 5!
Sanfords
Golden Phoneix
Texas Roadhouse
Black hills Bagel- Breakfast and lunch
Hopefully the new Japanese restaurant coming in!! YES!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,572,072 times
My favorites in Rapid:

China Luck
Colonial House
The Beanery
The Daily Grind
Sanfords (though their service sometimes sucks)
Firehouse
Pauly's
Millhouse
Casa Real
Ixtapa
Armadillo's Ice Cream

Outside Rapid:

Lintz Brothers Pizza (Hermosa - BEST.PIZZA.EVER.)
Alpine Inn (Hill City)
The Wrangler (Custer)

I wouldn't consider ANY of the chain restaurants to be the best. That's almost an insult to the great local places we have. We live in cattle country. There's no way Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn have the best steaks! We've had better steak out of our freezer.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,114,727 times
Spearfish Chop House and Whiskey Bar is another good one, right at the entrance to Spearfish Canyon (on the Spearfish end).

Old 04-14-2012, 09:04 PM

412 posts, read 959,886 times
BeauJo's
China Luck. I don't eat Chinese food left to my own devices, but when the gang goes to eat there it's always fun and the food is good.
Colonial House
Sabor A Mexico. Hole in the wall place with real Mexican food... Casa Real is tasty, but it's not that authentic.
The Gas Light... actually in Rockerville, which is a ghost town. It's hard to miss the Gas Light. It's lit up like a Christmas tree and it's the only open business. It can't decide whether it's going for an Old West or biker bar motif, but I like it. Good food, though it's more expensive than it used to be. Pretty area.
The Chop House in Spearfish. Worth the drive. In fact, it's worth going for the drive. Spearfish Canyon is gorgeous. The Chop House is spendy, but the food is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City