Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,324 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm newly registered, but I've been lurking around these forums ever since I knew that I was being stationed at Ellsworth AFB. Well, the time has come for me to make my way there and I'm running into a bit of difficulty finding a place to live that allows dogs that are more than 15" tall and more than 25 lbs. My wife and I have two, one of which qualifies but the other is just a bit too big for most of the places I've looked at. The online apartment search engines seem to have failed me, so I'm looking to the good people here to help a service member and his pooches in need. I'd really hate to get rid of either of my dogs.

We're just looking for somewhere with 2 bedrooms that will allow the dogs. I'm not picky about location or even how nice the place is. I'm at the end of my rope right about now, and if I could find even a mobile home that would fit my needs I'd be all over it.

Is there anywhere anyone knows about that fits the bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:03 AM

819 posts, read 1,748,479 times
Default good luck

try just driving around rapid looking for signs.the news paper didnt help me much. there out there it just takes a little work.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:03 PM

22 posts, read 83,932 times
I had the same problem not too long ago. I couldn't find any major apartment complexes that fit the bill. I would recommend that you check out the Rapid City Journal online and start calling people. That's what I did. Most will not take pets, but you're bound to find a few that will.
Rapid City Journal | Admarket » Real Estate For Rent | (http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/admarket/real_estate_for_rent/ - broken link)

Old 06-20-2009, 05:40 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,752,578 times
Most apartments won't allow larger dogs. Try townhomes or even just renting a house.

Apartments in Rapid City - YELLOWPAGES.COM

Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM

54 posts, read 149,209 times
Check out homestead apartment. Very clean, always looking for new renters, and has a pool and hot tub. Free internet and cable as well as central air. Really nice.
Scott.
Sorry about the caps. Its stuck

Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,534,294 times
Mskut, are you talking about these?

Homestead Garden Apartments

They look very nice.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Mskut, are you talking about these?

Homestead Garden Apartments

They look very nice.

yep. those are the ones. i live in one and its awesome!!!! is very budget friendly. i pay more then i did in fargo, but i get so much more with the place.
scott

Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,752,578 times
Scott, if you work at TSC and live in Homestead Gardens you have an IDEAL commute! Lucky! I have to drive through town to get to my job!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:09 PM

141 posts, read 403,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Scott, if you work at TSC and live in Homestead Gardens you have an IDEAL commute! Lucky! I have to drive through town to get to my job!
Yes! He has the perfect drive to work!!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Yes.. its a great commute.. first time in year where it only takes me 5 mins to get my job. haha. but it was because of the great help on here that we found such a great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City