Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM

23 posts, read 152,532 times

Advertisements

Hi to All,
We have FINALLY completed our move to Rapid City, unpacked most of the boxes (the ones in the basement are going to be a winter project), and I have realized that I need a haircut!! My hubby was able to find a good place (he gets a military cut).

Can anyone recommend a good place in Rapid for ladies to get a good cut (and color to cover gray )?

PS And you thought I'd not have questions after our move...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Hey Boomer, it's great to hear from you and wonderful news that you've moved and are getting settled in. I hope you'll like it here. I'm sure it's quite different then Va. Oh, and I love your "Rapid City at Last".

Sorry, no info about the haircut. Just wanted to Welcome you to South Dakota!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Hi Jammie,
We are loving Rapid City and the surrounding area as much if not more than we thought we would. People here are so helpful, and the house we bought is great! We are making our friends in Virginia jealous with the pictures we are sending them. I'm sure we will have a lot of visitors soon.

We are finding our way around - found a doctor for ourselves, a vet for the dog and cat, BUT I still need a haircut!!

So If you see a 'boomerchick' walking around stepping on her hair, please direct her (me) to the nearest hairdresser.

Ok - anyone else who can help me out here?

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
Welcome to South Dakota!
I'm on the other side of the state, but I "googled" hair salons in Rapid City.
hair salon rapid city - Google Maps

Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,711 times
Mystique Edge!!!!!!

Don't waste your time with Cost Cutters, Great Clips, or any place in the mall. Every woman needs a GOOD haircut at Mystique Edge...it's downtown.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:26 PM

819 posts, read 1,743,786 times
Default welcome

let it go. winters around the corner.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Once again you guys (and gals) have come through for me! I love the "cross the state" assistance from MJ1986; the solid info from ashnat (who understands a the need for a GOOD haircut); and the cute comment from airboat5 to wait for winter.

Now I am on my way to success, and shorter hair!

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboat5 View Post
let it go. winters around the corner.
LOL... and I did literally laughed out loud... for a while.

I'm sorry, boomerchick... I am very easily amused!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:36 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Darrell at Salon One does my mom's hair (he cuts mine too). He did hair in Los Angeles for 20 years. Other stylists there have styled actors and actresses such as Jack Black, Meg Ryan, and Jane Fonda.

Can't be beat!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM

451 posts, read 977,087 times
Default Ah Yes, The Final Irony

Okay - got a haircut today - one of the last things to do. In the final irony of leaving this place, I was butchered by someone who had no business doing my type of cut (or anyone's IMHO). The good news...should grow out in about 3 weeks to something that someone with knowledge can correct. The bad news...I need to explain to the hospital that really...they didn't hire a male nurse...okay...perhaps going too far....but it is TOO short!! So, are these places in Rapid City still the recommended places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City