Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 AM

256 posts, read 140,243 times

Advertisements

We was looking for a house and this was shown to us on the web - but if you look up the tax or even the other link - it sure dom't look right This house belongs to a real estate agent ????

http://www.richlandonline.com/servic...d=R14111-06-03]

1302 heated sf ?????

http://whitepages.anywho.com/map.php...V=3&MS=M]White

zoom in all the way and switch to bird eye view

Is this just an error on the part of the tax people

If she is a real estate agent - should she tell them there is an error

Is something missing ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Why do you think it belongs to an agent? Do you recognize the owner's name as a local agent, or are you just guessing?

Being an agent does not obligate one to disclose updates to a tax assessor anymore than anyone else. For all you know, the tax assessor is already aware and a new assessed value will come out on the next assessment date.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
I am trying to figure out what doesn't look right.
Besides many times these maps are a little off and it could be on either side of the street, up or down a few homes

Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 AM

This house has been under remodel/construction for years - with the people living in it..

It is the house with the circular drive and the compound in the back to the left of the pointer

Well it also appears that the "legal residents" have their vehicles licensed in California - SC taxes your vehicle as property on an annual basis...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I am trying to figure out what doesn't look right.
Besides many times these maps are a little off and it could be on either side of the street, up or down a few homes
Funny thing - the house on the right that was finished and moved into at the beginning of 2009 has not been taxed yet - something to do with new construction/first year but by this time of the year all changes that will be billed have been made... Oh yes - the assessors office has a HUGE disclaimer about how all data is current as of December 31 - ARE you trying to tell me that they keep two sets of books - I should be able to see what was current as of COB yesterday or at least last Friday... We are using computers

Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2dathird View Post
...Oh yes - the assessors office has a HUGE disclaimer about how all data is current as of December 31 - ARE you trying to tell me that they keep two sets of books - I should be able to see what was current as of COB yesterday or at least last Friday... We are using computers
Suggest you call the tax assessors office and ask them to explain how their system works. And perhaps you can educate them on how to better automate.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2dathird View Post
Funny thing - the house on the right that was finished and moved into at the beginning of 2009 has not been taxed yet - something to do with new construction/first year but by this time of the year all changes that will be billed have been made... Oh yes - the assessors office has a HUGE disclaimer about how all data is current as of December 31 - ARE you trying to tell me that they keep two sets of books - I should be able to see what was current as of COB yesterday or at least last Friday... We are using computers
I was trying to tell you that the aerial map they were using is not always right on. There was no way for any of us to know the exact house that was being talked about just by looking at the aerial. You obviously know the neighborhood but 99.9% of the posters here will not.

Is your real question, how often does the tax assessor update the website? You state they claim data is up to date as of Dec 31st so that should answer that question.

No they don't use 2 sets of books, they just don't update the website that often. If you want up to date as of yesterday I am sure you could go to the tax assessors office and get it.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Yes, she is a local agent. She appears to own the house. Real estate agents own houses. I don't understand your question or why it matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals