Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times

Advertisements

I agree, to be the best in any single field takes focus, with today's ever increasing regulations hat switching could cause you problems you don't want or need.

Also the real estate buying public today are skeptical of to many hat's in one ring due to stories all over the internet and news reports of this causing a good number of forclosures.

Hope this helps,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky111390 View Post
...Also how much dose it cost to get your license in a different state then the one you got it in.
Thanks for your time!
Each state has different requirements and fees and depends if the states have a reciprocal licensing agreement. Here's info on NY:

http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/re_salesperson/re_salesperson.html

Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
1-Yes. 2-It can be a good way to learn the ropes while still making a little money. 3-No idea. 4-Talk to local commercial RE companies.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
YES!!! Top producers are always looking for administrative assistants. Go work for a top producer as an apprentice. Do it for nothing or cheap, cheap, cheap. Learn, learn, learn... But only with an agent who can teach you something!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
They used to. These days an agent has enough trouble trying to sell homes at low prices with lower commission and cannot afford it. If you want experience they may take you on for no pay.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
YES!!! Top producers are always looking for administrative assistants. Go work for a top producer as an apprentice. Do it for nothing or cheap, cheap, cheap. Learn, learn, learn... But only with an agent who can teach you something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
They used to. These days an agent has enough trouble trying to sell homes at low prices with lower commission and cannot afford it. If you want experience they may take you on for no pay.

Anyone who can bring value and help build a business has opportunity.
Agents generating business and trying to go to the next step are certainly hiring. Bear in mind though, that many agent do not hire legally, that it is often a faux "independent contractor" position.
But, it can still provide valuable experience for starters, to hang around an office and see the flow of tasks and business.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:24 AM

28 posts, read 142,909 times
Smile What is the daily life of a mortgage broker/lending officer like?

What do they do in a normal work day? Details would be great! Also is this a difficult career?
Thanks!!:-)

Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
As a broker-owner, I beg to disagree with you. I have actually seen Realtors with assistants go from mediocre to outstanding in the past two years. The fewer Realtors in the business the more business for those who have stayed in.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Oh hell...someone forgot to tell me that! Should I fire my 2 since nobody uses them anymore?
2 other agents in my office of 45 have assistants also.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I rent an office to a mortgage broker. By the sound of it, most of her day is spent trying to "fix" credit scores and cursing mortgage underwriters and trying to convince her rep at the mortgage lender to intervene with the underwriters.

I wouldn't do it in a million years. I'd be popping blood pressure medicine like candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals