Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I would consider it an additional resource, not the hub of your online effort. Kind of like Trulia or AR, with IDX.

1. Keep your existing content to yourself. Why share it's value with Z? I would suggest posting stuff that is not terribly time-sensitive on your blog, and then duplicating it on Z, with a link to your site for Read More.
2. It is $10. With IDX.
3. You can manually share the link on T and FB.
Have to agree. Don't make it your main site. Since it is likely on the MU platform, you are just a subscriber and have no control over plug-in installation and such. I'd pick a niche and use the site for maybe just a neighborhood or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
3. You can manually share the link on T and FB.
This feature is not a necessity, but it's a nice convenience and easy enough to install on a normall Wordpress blog.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:28 PM

8 posts, read 7,745 times
Howdy folks, Jay T from Zillow here!

I'd be happy to answer any questions I can about Zillow's Premier Agent Websites.

Moderator cut: no links, please

I can say one thing for certain, the IDX solution is powered by Diverse Solutions. More specifically version2 of their dsIDXpress product.

Last edited by Marka; 06-11-2012 at 09:30 AM..

Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

I did have a bunch of questions about the product...
Jay T from Zillow here. Fire away Mike, I'll answer what I can!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
A Z template, and ©Zillow at the bottom of my blog and site?
Nope.

But it IS a flashy looking $10 deal.
And the sample site code says "Diverse Solutions." But they are hard selling RealtySoft IDX.
That is two different operations, isn't it?
Links to Zillow can be removed by the user.

The IDX is powered by Diverse Solutions.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jay T (from Zillow)

Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
[*]No import feature - I already have my blog on Wordpress and would like to import my old posts & comments...
Mike - Import functionality is being worked on. It's coming soon.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Suzanne Roy of Inman Next did a pretty good article about the Zillow Agent Sites fact & fiction. There were some interesting comments and links to other discussions. Here's the link InmanNext | Zillow Agent Sites: The Facts. I've abstained so far but I think it might be an opportunity for a niche site.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayThompson View Post
Mike - Import functionality is being worked on. It's coming soon.
Thanks Jay. The sooner the better!

One more thing . . . every Zillow PAW I've looked at (including my own) . . . the "my listings" and "my office listings" functionality isn't working. It never comes up with any listings.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Jay, I see it does have a blog which interests me. Is there a way to customize./add/remove tabs on the template home page? Thanks for the link, it helped me out.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Jay, I see it does have a blog which interests me. Is there a way to customize./add/remove tabs on the template home page? Thanks for the link, it helped me out.
I signed up a few days ago and have been customizing my site whenever I have a moment. You can definitely change the menu and also the tabs on the home page. If you've used Wordpress.com in the past the interface is extremely similar and you have similar capabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals