Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:26 AM

210 posts, read 1,139,677 times

Advertisements

There is some thought to revising our policy manual. Actually just ditching it and starting fresh.
Anyone have any comments as to what may be missing in your manual that you wish were in it. How do you determine what agent is working with who when there are so many agents (12) in a small office.
How do you define WORKING WITH? A signed contract naming you agent or just having contact with that someone or maybe even, you have to have showed a property to claim the WORKING WITH.

If they were a client of yours 3 months ago and you've had no contact with them at all. Are they fair game or still your clients?

We need input.
Fairly new office and too many chiefs. I for one believe in great customer service and going above and beyond the norm, others feel what ever.

How do you handle calls for other agents when you’re on floor duty?

Do you have a policy in regards to dress and how you conduct yourselves?
I believe we all reflect on one another and what I say or do can reflect on my broker and other agents even the ones that don't work with us.

I am asking for outside advises or opinions as, Already everyone in the office can't agree.

Thanks
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,843,475 times
Well, I know you are a small agency, and as such have very close relationships, but the policy and procedures manual is NOT a democratic, vote on it, paper : ) Owner/Broker needs to sit down and put thought into and do it.

I think the fairest duty calls policy is:

Call comes in on a listing, if the agent is in the office, they get the call. If the agent is not in the office, duty agent gets the call. The agent put out a lot of money advertising that property, and know it better than anyone in the office and should have the opportunity to turn that call. However, if you are not in the office, it was an office call and duty agent should. Otherwise, don't have duty agents.

Shelly

Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM

What if your agents don't pay for the advertising and your broker has most all the listings.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM

If agents don't pay for advertising, and broker has all the listings, than what is the question? Duty agent gets the call. what else would you do with it? Give the call to the broker? I don't mean that to come off rude, I mean that seriously.

shelly

Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 PM

If it's her listing and they ask for her which they always do. She gets the call regardless of being in the office or not. Same holds true for any other agent, if they are asked for by name it is their call and the caller is given their contact info.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Yes, I agree if the prospect ask for the agent or broker by name, call goes to them. I was refering to an informational call, like can I get information on 123 Main St.: If listing agent is in the office, call gets referred to them so they can answer the questions. If they aren't in the office call goes to duty agent. BUT anyone who calls asking for a specific agent, call goes directly to them.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdshiflett View Post
What if your agents don't pay for the advertising and your broker has most all the listings.
Then start advertising on your own and get your own calls. Get your own website and start bringing in your own customers. Get your own listings. You're working for a competing broker. Under the guise of saving you money, she's actually hurting your business while building her own. That's really not too good for you. Now, if she's paying for all the advertising and then handing out leads from those calls, that is a different story.
In my office we all advertise our own listings or will 'borrow' a listing if we don't have one and we get the calls. Advertise your phone number so the calls do not go to the office, but directly to you. Buy your own signs that carry your phone number, not just a rider. Agents doing 'floor time' get the generic calls that come in to the office. If someone calls in, we ask, are you working with another agent? Is that agent in this office? If they have already spoken with someone in the office, the call is referred to them.
If they aren't handling the customer properly, then the broker gets involved to train them on how to get and retain customers. And she works with them for nothing more than the regular split. If she has her own customers from her own advertising that she wants someone else to handle, it is done at a 50/50 split. For getting listings, if there isn't a signed listing contract yet, then it's fair game for any one to go and get the listing. As a courtesy, if we know someone else is also trying to get the listing then we offer to do a joint approach so the customer gets two sales associates instead of one.
In a small office, there is NO room for heavy duty competition or back stabbing. Extra care has to be taken or the whole thing can blow up because of the fact that you are small.
If your broker is not allowing you to do advertising on your own, then get out.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Your so right it Blew up big time. We have always worked with the policy that if a call comes in and an agents name is given then the call is theirs regardless of being in office or not. Though some are technically not their client we had respect and treated it as such. Once in a while toes were stepped on but things all worked out. Now because of this new agent who came into the office like a steam roller. All respect has gone out the door. Her response to every one shes po\d is that the public doesnt know if we consider them working with us or not. and she isnt about to tell someone who she knows that she will not work with them regardless of the fact that another agent has been running her patootie off the past few weeks. We have always gotten along with this policy. As for the broker thing that is another major issue. That I think is ready to expload. The broker knows the policy needs to change but I believe fears making everyone mad. I told her its her office. Set the policy and if we don't like it . We know where the door is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals