Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:08 PM

43,334 posts, read 77,198,405 times

Advertisements

So, you contact every agency in town for to engage a REALTOR and you find that everyone is off for the day. And you need an agent.

Well, there are two brokers working today: Larry the Cable Guy and Voldemort, aka, Tom Marvolo Riddle.

And, this won't wait. You need a real estate agent NOW. Who you gonna pick?

Let me seeeee.... We have a few qualifying questions. It's interview time.

On second thought, I don't think it's so wise to ask Voldemort very many questions. He seems to get a little moody when tested. And Larry the Cable Guy will surely have more fun answers anyway.

I mean, YOU can ask Voldemort anything you want to. Go for it. But I'm guessing that Larry will laugh hisself half-sick when old Voldy waves his wand and flambes your underbritches and you commence to dancing the flamin' shorts two-step.

So we are going to have to make some assumptions, and to keep the old Quidditch pitch (I'm really having difficulty envisioning Larry The Cable Guy flying a broom.) level, we'll go into "dual-agency-assumption" (Uh...what did you expect to find at that link?) and we'll make assumptions for both agents.

1. Who is the better negotiater? (And, BTW, the goal is "Win-Win.") I'm not convinced that Voldemort sees any value in there being TWO winners. More like "Win-Vaporize." Not so good. And then there's Larry the Cable Guy. Before he got done obfuscating around, the mess would resemble four 8 year olds squabbling over Monopoly money. "No Win-No Win-No Worries."

2. Who would have a better grasp of transaction details? Suppose the survey comes back and shows an undisclosed easement and a small encroachment. Do you want to be the Listing Agent working through this with Voldemort? Not me! Now Larry the Cable Guy, on the other hand, would undoubtedly be able to riff for a few paragraphs and turn "undisclosed easement and small encroachment" into something that would make an unrepentant sailor blush and hope his mother wasn't watching. And never address the issue.

3. Who would you trust with the Earnest Money? Voldemort? Nope. Money means nothing to him. Larry? Sure. He's the responsible sort. Yeah... Right...

Gee. This is a tough call. Maybe a coin toss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM

10,969 posts, read 22,000,316 times
I'll take Voldemort, he'd be a killer negotiator. Results!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times
I'd take larry, by the time he was halfway through the transaction they'd be beggin' you to take the money and leave NOW!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM

I think you are both right!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,592,550 times
I'd pick Voldemort...he can use the Imperious curse to get results...if that fails, then he can Avada Kedavra whosever doesn't follow his lead...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,148,739 times
Long day Mike?

Start to kick back a few beers early?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:47 PM

631 posts, read 2,447,080 times
I'd go with Larry. You need someone with a good sense of humor to work with you.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
Long day Mike?

Start to kick back a few beers early?

Greg,
Chemical enhancement to find fun in life is for the weak.

I need no chemical to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperk View Post
I'd go with Larry. You need someone with a good sense of humor to work with you.
If you die laughing, you will never see the closing table...

Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Hmmm...tough call...'ol Larry ya can't take seriously - i.e. material facts
and Voldemort would only show you a couple of places and they'd all be dungeons...

Old 10-26-2007, 12:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,322,535 times
I see a new television series in the offing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals