Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusK View Post
When you're working with first-time buyers, and spot a cute little FSBO on the corner... do you speed up... or just ask them to close their eyes for a moment?
No they can go to see it if they want to with me

all my clients know ahead of time that if I don't get protected by the seller then they have to cover it
disclosure disclosure disclosure
and if they agree to buy an unprotected house and are willing to pay me

sign here press hard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM

403 posts, read 1,170,520 times
Quote:
When you're working with first-time buyers, and spot a cute little FSBO on the corner... do you speed up... or just ask them to close their eyes for a moment?
I'll show them. The odds are that they're not going to like the house, but they definitely appreciate that I'm putting their interests first.

So far, I've never had a buyer want to make an offer on a FSBO I've shown, but although I will eventually have to do a deal for free, the goodwill and trust I earn has already more than paid for it.

You're quite the cynic, aren't you, LinusK?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times
Quote:
I ask them to write the information and address down so we can get some information and follow up.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I prefer working with sellers, although in this market it's a bit more challenging. (No, it's WAY more challenging). Buyers are fine too and over the years I've become a better listener and therefore spend less time with each buyer as we zero in on what they are looking for.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:38 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times
Buyers by far, the last few sellers I worked for have made my dragged me down with their frustrations in spite of my efferts to marketing and mostly since they didn't listen to any of my recommedentations for improvements to their homes and price! I just got a accepted offer on a great home for one of my first time buyers that are newly weds.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM

631 posts, read 2,446,174 times
I usually like working with buyers the best.

We're out doing what my favorite part of the job is; hiking lots, in the country and having adventures. By the end of the day we're great friends. We've shared some laughs, might have shared a harrowing experience and built a history in just a day. They appreciate what we went thru to find the perfect piece of ground and we stay in touch for years beyond. They remember me, send me referrals and appreciate my knowledge to help them with their decision making.

All the seller knows is if I call them to say if it's their land they picked and glad to hear from me for the business end of it. I never get referrals from sellers. They get their money and it's good bye. We don't share in any of the fun of the whole process. They just want to know when is closing date, and if the buyer defaults they want to keep their deposit money.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
I like both but I focus on working with sellers. I had a buyers agent working for me until recently when she went out on her own.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM

238 posts, read 763,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Young View Post

You're quite the cynic, aren't you, LinusK?
Yeah, but I'm also lazy - too lazy to link up the posts of agents who say they never to work with FSBOs.

Btw, I think you're crazy. I never work for free if I can help it.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM

403 posts, read 1,170,520 times
Quote:
Yeah, but I'm also lazy - too lazy to link up the posts of agents who say they never to work with FSBOs.
That's where you miss the whole point, LinusK. When the day comes that I'm doing a deal without compensation, it will be after I've earned 50 commissions from the referrals given to me by people that recognized that I put their interests first - and the boatload of personal satisfaction that comes from doing right by others, a notion that you clearly cannot conceive.

Moderator cut: personal attacks

Last edited by Marka; 11-06-2007 at 12:24 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,729 times
Please, discuss ideas here, not each other or this thread will be closed and infractions issued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals