Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Young View Post
That's not a bad idea.

Tacky, but we gotta do for our sellers what we gotta do, right?

Perhaps this approach needs its own thread. Any takers?
Only a little tacky. It's the $100 figure, isn't it?
I've seen listings raised and lowered just to bring them up on hot sheets.

I think either of the above are a lot better than those unscrupulous agents who wash their listings every 30 days.
At least it doesn't skew the MLS data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 AM

403 posts, read 1,170,446 times
Yeah, Mike, it's the $100...and the four page proerty history.

It's very rarely done in my area - partly because so few of us are programming the MLS to send every price change to our buyers and partly because so few of us feel the need to look at hot sheets in the current market.

BTW, regarding the effect of re-entering listings to keep them fresh, our MLS and, I believe, others have begun to display a new Cumulative DOM that disregards brief (< 60 days) removals from the market. The CDOM isn't yet a searchable parameter, but my expectation is that it will replace DOM after it's been operational for a year or so.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:09 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
My question is this. What should I expect my agent to be doing? He's done open houses in the beginning...but has since refused to do any more because "they don't work." He's got a great website - and he's got videos and virtual tours all over the internet - and he throws an ad in the paper every week. But that's about it. Should I be expecting more from him? He really only emails me to discuss the sale of the house ONLY after I email him with my concerns/questions/etc. Other than that...I get a weekly update from the Agency - basically stating nothing because we've had little activity!!

What more can agents do? Should I consider getting someone new? Our listing expires on the 9th...and he fully understands that we've given him ample time to sell our house - and he understands if we want to cancel. Should we find someone who has a fresh interest in selling it?!?
I'm a little confused.. In other posts, you've said you don't have a listing contract with this agent; but you said it expires on the 9th.

I thought your agent was doing a decent job advertising from what I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
:The townhome down the street was a dump...renters destroyed the place. They paid $193,000...instead of $195,900 - and probably had to put a whole lot of money into the house from what I know. We did give them three weeks to secure their loan commitment...And here we are.
I wonder what they liked about the other one as I thought yours was nice, looked move in ready, priced right from the searches I did. Did the one they bought have 2 full bathrooms?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:43 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
In our MLS, if withdrawn it can't be entered back within 10 days by the same agent or still shows the same DOM. I like the price change idea and I've occasionally made small drops just to keep it on the hot sheet but not regularly. I may experiment with one.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 AM

333 posts, read 1,063,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm a little confused.. In other posts, you've said you don't have a listing contract with this agent; but you said it expires on the 9th.

I thought your agent was doing a decent job advertising from what I remember.

I wonder what they liked about the other one as I thought yours was nice, looked move in ready, priced right from the searches I did. Did the one they bought have 2 full bathrooms?
Our listing still has an expiration date, even though we're not "tied" to him for a specific length of time. I don't know the realtor part - but maybe the MLS has you put in an expiration date for the listing?

He's doing a decent job advertising...my question was really what else he should be doing? I can put my house on the internet and in the paper and on Craig's List......what MORE should HE be doing? Or should I even expect anything more?

I'm not sure what exactly made them go to the other unit. If it was that they could have an earlier close date.....I blame my agent and their agent for not asking for that from us in the first place. From what I know - they had to spend a great deal of money on this place replacing carpet, and painting - as the previous tenant was a renter who basically didn't take care of anything and let his dog do as he pleased inside the house! Structurally...it's the same exact house. 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths...finished basement.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,105 times
There are 2 more free sites your realtor can advertise on for free
1. Trulia.com
2. Zillow.com
You mentioned your realtor has done open houses, but have they had a brokers open at your home? The open houses do not work in my area. We have had a lot of luck with brokers opens. This is where local realtors from different offices are invited into the home to preview it. They may have clients interested in the property. usually the listing realtor offers catered food or drawings for prizes. You may also want to distribute flyers to your local chamber of commerce for newcomers coming into the area. Just a few ideas to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals