Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

Advertisements

To catch everyone up to speed, I contacted my bank today (which I dearly love and have a wonderful relationship with) and they said they would gladly fight the fight for me. I had to write a letter stating how Trulia had misled me, how my profile was broken and hasn't been fixed, etc. Secondly I had to fill out a two page form of who, what, when, where, and why. That was it. It was super easy. They told me it could take up to 10 days to dispute, and that they may put a pending credit in my account and to not touch this credit until it clears.

I was surprised at how little I had to do to support my claims against Trulia.

Also, I went ahead and filed a claim against the advertiser with the BBB to add to their growing list of claims against them.

Thanks for all your advice, I would have never figured that out on my own!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 04:50 PM

416 posts, read 871,547 times
While I don't have any positive or negative comments to add against Trulia, Better Business Bureau reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

BBB isn't exactly the most ethical organization around. They tend to favor companies that pay and join their organization, vs. those who do not pay for their services.

Despite their name, the BBB is NOT a government-related entity, as many people believe them to be.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,656,913 times
Ive learned the only companies that care about the BBB, are companies that have good people working for them and they care. The companies that dont give a hoot about the customer, also dont give a hoot about the BBB.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 PM

50 posts, read 97,605 times
Read the complaints on the BBB site. Unbelievable. I can't believe how bad they are, not even responding to the complaints.

For every complaint to BBB, how many go unreported?

Old 05-19-2014, 02:45 AM

416 posts, read 871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Ive learned the only companies that care about the BBB, are companies that have good people working for them and they care. The companies that dont give a hoot about the customer, also dont give a hoot about the BBB.
Hardly.

WalMart, Comcast, Monsanto, and various companies that don't give two craps about their clients, are "accredited members" of the BBB.

The BBB is one of the biggest scams out there.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,656,913 times
My point exactly, those companies dont care about their bbb rating. Comcast is a 1 star our of 5. They dont care. Why are they a member? Who knows....

Old 08-31-2015, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 681 times
Default Trulia (Now Zillow) is a complete Fraud

Trulia sales staff lied to me, blatantly. I was sold 20% of the leads for a particular zip code and I got paperwork to prove it. I never got the leads for that zip code. Further, when I tried to contact Trulia, I was never able to reach an actual human, whether over the phone or using email. I tried to reach them over and over again for months. I finally had to cancel my credit card after several weeks. Then, Trulia told my credit card company that I signed a contract. The credit card company asked for proof of that, and Trulia couldn't provide it, because there was no contract. They then tried to say that they'd informed me on the receipt that there was a contract. The credit card company stood up for me, and Trulia lost the battle of trying to prove that I was wrong and they were right about the supposed 'terms and conditions'. It's been nearly a year since all of this started. I never had one single phone call or email returned from anyone at Trulia about the complaints, and had to go file a complaint with the State. Even though I got most of my money back, Trulia later sent me a letter saying that they were going to send me to a collection agency, and sue me to ruin my credit for more money. Now, I'm trying to figure out who to see about that, because I think that's a federal law they are breaking there, too. The Federal Fair Credit and Collection laws. I keep reading all of these reviews, and I wonder how they are not all in jail or shut down already. I tried to do my research first. If someone just puts Trulia reviews in the search bars they will only get all of the Trulia marketing material when they try to do any homework about Trulia before buying. You literally have to put in Trulia Complaints in order to see what's really going on with them. I read a few employee reviews on Glassdoor, where former sales people said that they were made to lie to customers by management, and that they quit because management also lied to the sales people. The leads I did get for other zip codes besides the one I paid for were all bogus. When I went on some of the complaint websites I saw that Trulia always says that they reviewed the terms and conditions with the customer who complained. But everyone says they never got any phone calls from Trulia or any response to their complaints. This company is the worst group of scam artists I know of in the United States today. Trulia should be held to account for the actions of their employees. They steal from agents and brokers and continue because of the inaction of Trulia management. it seems to me that they must know that their employees are liars and thieves or the company would have someone answer the phone and emails to customer services. I think they are hiding so they can pretend to not know what is going on when the company gets busted but I hope they all go to jail, even the President of the company. If you didn't give them your credit card yet, don't. If Trulia was really a legit company who delivered what they are selling, everyone would stay with them forever and never want to give up their zip codes. But they are liars and that's why there's a problem. They don't deliver anything you can use or of any value. The stupidest thing I've ever heard them say was that it takes skill to convert the leads they send, when you just get a phone number that is out of service or an email that says the address is invalid. Convert that.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:53 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claireg4711 View Post
Trulia sales staff lied to me, blatantly. I was sold 20% of the leads for a particular zip code and I got paperwork to prove it. I never got the leads for that zip code. Further, when I tried to contact Trulia, I was never able to reach an actual human, whether over the phone or using email. I tried to reach them over and over again for months. I finally had to cancel my credit card after several weeks. Then, Trulia told my credit card company that I signed a contract. The credit card company asked for proof of that, and Trulia couldn't provide it, because there was no contract. They then tried to say that they'd informed me on the receipt that there was a contract. The credit card company stood up for me, and Trulia lost the battle of trying to prove that I was wrong and they were right about the supposed 'terms and conditions'. It's been nearly a year since all of this started. I never had one single phone call or email returned from anyone at Trulia about the complaints, and had to go file a complaint with the State. Even though I got most of my money back, Trulia later sent me a letter saying that they were going to send me to a collection agency, and sue me to ruin my credit for more money. Now, I'm trying to figure out who to see about that, because I think that's a federal law they are breaking there, too. The Federal Fair Credit and Collection laws. I keep reading all of these reviews, and I wonder how they are not all in jail or shut down already. I tried to do my research first. If someone just puts Trulia reviews in the search bars they will only get all of the Trulia marketing material when they try to do any homework about Trulia before buying. You literally have to put in Trulia Complaints in order to see what's really going on with them. I read a few employee reviews on Glassdoor, where former sales people said that they were made to lie to customers by management, and that they quit because management also lied to the sales people. The leads I did get for other zip codes besides the one I paid for were all bogus. When I went on some of the complaint websites I saw that Trulia always says that they reviewed the terms and conditions with the customer who complained. But everyone says they never got any phone calls from Trulia or any response to their complaints. This company is the worst group of scam artists I know of in the United States today. Trulia should be held to account for the actions of their employees. They steal from agents and brokers and continue because of the inaction of Trulia management. it seems to me that they must know that their employees are liars and thieves or the company would have someone answer the phone and emails to customer services. I think they are hiding so they can pretend to not know what is going on when the company gets busted but I hope they all go to jail, even the President of the company. If you didn't give them your credit card yet, don't. If Trulia was really a legit company who delivered what they are selling, everyone would stay with them forever and never want to give up their zip codes. But they are liars and that's why there's a problem. They don't deliver anything you can use or of any value. The stupidest thing I've ever heard them say was that it takes skill to convert the leads they send, when you just get a phone number that is out of service or an email that says the address is invalid. Convert that.
2 rookie mistakes:

1. Paying a scraper for promised leads.
2. Not using paragraphs.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:48 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
2 rookie mistakes:

1. Paying a scraper for promised leads.
2. Not using paragraphs.
Ditto...occasionally a leach has a good sales pitch and then they get to the part with the monthly fee and I remember I would get better use from simply burning the money on a cold night to stay warm.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
some cat from Yodel had been hounding me. For whatever reason today I had 10 seconds and told him to kindly remove me from his list. As far as I can te ll - he didn't immediately launch into a breathless exhortation of the error of my ways - he actually will.

It's definitely one of the downsides to living in an area as we do with large inbound relocation #'s - I see non-NC area codes and naively assume there's a chance it's someone calling off a sign.

What really peeves me is the ones that are getting their phone numbers redirected through local (919 or 336) area codes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals