Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 PM

11 posts, read 11,552 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am not asking a question and only venting, I say this because I got blasted because my last post was not a question, apparently just saying things is negative? opinions are bad around here I guess. Anyway, this is not my first rodeo with a house for sale. I sold my first home when I began to have major issues with the school district in regards to the education of my handicapped son. Ok I was a savvy parent on special Ed Law and I knew I was entitled to a FREE Appropriate public education. Appropriate being the key word. Well nothing in my small town was and I knew of a program specific for my sons needs out of the district and I fought to have him sent there. Long story short, the battle was long and my son sat out of school. I took it apon myself to put the house up for sale and rent in the district I needed to be. We priced our house fair, we had an offer that fell through, a VA loan. some time passed and the realtor began to ask to reduce which we did. Then she asked for a bigger reduction to which I said no to. Then told me how I needed to just take what ever I could get because of my situation and I said no way. she even mentioned her buying it for a rental investment, Things got so ugly I had to switch agents with in the agency. I ended up getting my fair price I was asking. All she did was try and reap some benefits or profit from my problems. when she wanted to buy my house cheap for investment I knew I was hooked up to a grifter. Next story, years later I am going through divorce, we choose the top dog realtor of our neighborhood, you know the one? signs around all the time with their smiling pics. Looks trust worthy, must sell a lot in the area so we decide we wold both use him to sell our home. He gets a contract on our house. A counter comes back the buyers want a kick back of monies to buy a new furnace, the house passed inspections including the furnace, worked fine, the house was older, but the price reflected that. He had already visited my ex and they decided we might split that cost. He came over and sat down in my kitchen and presented the counter with the buyers asking for monies back. I am watching my pennies at this point so I say no the furnace works fine, they can purchase a home warranty if they are worried about it, The inspector just noted the age but also that it worked fine. He looks right at me in a authoritative manor and says you have to sign this contract or you will be sued! I said there is no contract, that sir is a counter, and you need to get up out of my chair and leave this house. unreal, this bozo thinks he can bully a women? he thinks he knows more then you and hes going to take advantage of that? my husband wanted to sell more then me so obviously he had his and my ex's self interest on his mind only. So much for trust. so no wonder people form bad opinions about realtors. I just know you have to look out for your own needs just as they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 10:11 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Paragraphs are your friend. People tend to avoid posts that are a wall of text.

Yeah, those neighborhood realtors who put their PR in everyone's mailbox and come across really friendly and helpful tend to be flakey at best, or bad news. Real estate agents are a mixed bag. I wonder if there's some organization like the Better Business Bureau or something that watchdogs real estate agents, like a licensing and regulatory agency, that you could complain to about the first one, for blatant conflict of interest.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:09 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Paragraphs are your friend. People tend to avoid posts that are a wall of text.
Absolutely!!

Yeah, those neighborhood realtors who put their PR in everyone's mailbox and come across really friendly and helpful tend to be flakey at best, or bad news. Real estate agents are a mixed bag. I wonder if there's some organization like the Better Business Bureau or something that watchdogs real estate agents, like a licensing and regulatory agency, that you could complain to about the first one, for blatant conflict of interest.
You can complain to:
  • The broker who holds this agent's license (owner/manager of the company)
  • Your local Board of Realtors (if the agent is a member)
  • Your Department of State (which issues the licenses)
  • NAR (National Association of Realtors) if the agent is a member.
note: not all real estate agents are Realtors

Old 01-14-2015, 07:42 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
I never envy an agent playing monkey in the middle of a divorce! I know agents that refuse to handle a sale with a divorce. And, the nastier the fight, I have seen 2 agents tag team the divorced couple. I have this one team that "specializes" or work the divorce market. Each agent works with a spouse, so no one is put in the middle and ground rules are spelled out from the beginning. Where the OP's 2nd agent messed up is he ASSumed the OP would go along with the plan. So, what happened on the furnace? Did the agent pay on your behalf?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:55 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I never envy an agent playing monkey in the middle of a divorce! I know agents that refuse to handle a sale with a divorce. And, the nastier the fight, I have seen 2 agents tag team the divorced couple. I have this one team that "specializes" or work the divorce market. Each agent works with a spouse, so no one is put in the middle and ground rules are spelled out from the beginning. Where the OP's 2nd agent messed up is he ASSumed the OP would go along with the plan. So, what happened on the furnace? Did the agent pay on your behalf?
Yeah, I'm really clear before I take a divorce listing what I am willing to put up with. I met this one couple that was going to be a war of the roses type divorce that I would only take the listing if they signed a "divorce addendum" that stated they would behave or I could fire them and get my fee.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:13 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colormered View Post
Maybe I am not asking a question and only venting, I say this because I got blasted because my last post was not a question, apparently just saying things is negative? opinions are bad around here I guess. Anyway, this is not my first rodeo with a house for sale. I sold my first home when I began to have major issues with the school district in regards to the education of my handicapped son. Ok I was a savvy parent on special Ed Law and I knew I was entitled to a FREE Appropriate public education. Appropriate being the key word. Well nothing in my small town was and I knew of a program specific for my sons needs out of the district and I fought to have him sent there. Long story short, the battle was long and my son sat out of school. I took it apon myself to put the house up for sale and rent in the district I needed to be. We priced our house fair, we had an offer that fell through, a VA loan. some time passed and the realtor began to ask to reduce which we did. Then she asked for a bigger reduction to which I said no to. Then told me how I needed to just take what ever I could get because of my situation and I said no way. she even mentioned her buying it for a rental investment, Things got so ugly I had to switch agents with in the agency. I ended up getting my fair price I was asking. All she did was try and reap some benefits or profit from my problems. when she wanted to buy my house cheap for investment I knew I was hooked up to a grifter. Next story, years later I am going through divorce, we choose the top dog realtor of our neighborhood, you know the one? signs around all the time with their smiling pics. Looks trust worthy, must sell a lot in the area so we decide we wold both use him to sell our home. He gets a contract on our house. A counter comes back the buyers want a kick back of monies to buy a new furnace, the house passed inspections including the furnace, worked fine, the house was older, but the price reflected that. He had already visited my ex and they decided we might split that cost. He came over and sat down in my kitchen and presented the counter with the buyers asking for monies back. I am watching my pennies at this point so I say no the furnace works fine, they can purchase a home warranty if they are worried about it, The inspector just noted the age but also that it worked fine. He looks right at me in a authoritative manor and says you have to sign this contract or you will be sued! I said there is no contract, that sir is a counter, and you need to get up out of my chair and leave this house. unreal, this bozo thinks he can bully a women? he thinks he knows more then you and hes going to take advantage of that? my husband wanted to sell more then me so obviously he had his and my ex's self interest on his mind only. So much for trust. so no wonder people form bad opinions about realtors. I just know you have to look out for your own needs just as they do.
In either case, you were already upset about something else that was driving the sale of your home, so I think you are projecting this onto your realtors. Your general tone sounds unreasonable and your alias reflects this as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
After reading your other posts, which thankfully were shorter, you seem like a very unreasonable person for a real estate agent to deal with. I dont think anyone would make you happy, unless they sold your house for your inflated priced in 3 days.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:32 PM

104 posts, read 144,588 times
Default lol poor coloemered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
After reading your other posts, which thankfully were shorter, you seem like a very unreasonable person for a real estate agent to deal with. I dont think anyone would make you happy, unless they sold your house for your inflated priced in 3 days.
this has been interesting to say the least.
lets pick on grammar and paragraphs and anything to not stick to the subject at hand.
if I had a double wide with polyester curtains and a nice redwood deck to sell, sail or sale.
I might call one of them there agents up, let em sail my house. But I wus thinkin of sailing
a house I would be better served I thank to just be's a fuzz ball and do its all on ma own.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:40 PM

480 posts, read 1,183,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I never envy an agent playing monkey in the middle of a divorce! I know agents that refuse to handle a sale with a divorce. And, the nastier the fight, I have seen 2 agents tag team the divorced couple. I have this one team that "specializes" or work the divorce market. Each agent works with a spouse, so no one is put in the middle and ground rules are spelled out from the beginning.
Try being the appraiser in a divorce case!

Did one recently where both parties met us at the house. One party was telling us everything that was GREAT about the house while the other, at the same time, was telling us every that was WRONG with the house.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:24 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,305,667 times
My very first listing was a divorce... I joked that my own parent's nasty divorce prepared me well OP-sorry you've had some bad experiences. In the future, I'd ask for a personal referral from someone you trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals