Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,825 times

Advertisements

I have been posting on the Real Estate Professional forum for about four months. Much of what I see is good, helpful, intelligent, and civil discussion that is helpful not only to consumers but also real estate professionals. However, there seem to be more and more examples of people coming on this forum to do nothing more than bash Realtors and spew venom while offering nothing of substance to the forum. I would propose that a separate "Realtor Bashing" forum be created for these people.
I have no problems with differences of opinions, legitimate questions, and discussions of substance. I don't know if this is something that the Moderators need to address. Maybe they can provide some suggestions. I do know that I come on here to learn something, to help people, and to give a different opinion in a civil manner on various topics. Personally, I'm getting tired of wading through some posts that serve no purpose other than justifying anger management classes for the poster.
I'm curious if anyone else feels this way or not.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM

144 posts, read 520,354 times
I agree.
I just began coming to this forum, feeling that I would find some helpful interaction and insight from other agents around the country and also, to provide and chime in on other threads that are posted by consumers who have real estate related questions.
I for one am shocked by those who are simply going from thread to thread, with no constructive input whatsoever, and simply SPEWING.
I would like to see the moderators doing something about these distractions. Some have gotten extremely nasty and some have even had racial undertones which are very offensive.
If this forum is going to be useful to those who use it, there needs to be the give and take of ideas, as was intended. Not unfounded, constant, ongoing vomit! (Sorry, I'm venting).

Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
I have been posting on the Real Estate Professional forum for about four months. Much of what I see is good, helpful, intelligent, and civil discussion that is helpful not only to consumers but also real estate professionals. However, there seem to be more and more examples of people coming on this forum to do nothing more than bash Realtors and spew venom while offering nothing of substance to the forum. I would propose that a separate "Realtor Bashing" forum be created for these people.
I have no problems with differences of opinions, legitimate questions, and discussions of substance. I don't know if this is something that the Moderators need to address. Maybe they can provide some suggestions. I do know that I come on here to learn something, to help people, and to give a different opinion in a civil manner on various topics. Personally, I'm getting tired of wading through some posts that serve no purpose other than justifying anger management classes for the poster.
Haha, tell me your not bashing bashers? I'd like to propose a new thread so we can bash the bashers.

Do you ever consider that sometimes people have valid complaints against their realtors and come here to look for input on how to get out of bad listing agreements with agents who do nothing for 6 months?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha, tell me your not bashing bashers? I'd like to propose a new thread so we can bash the bashers.

Do you ever consider that sometimes people have valid complaints against their realtors and come here to look for input on how to get out of bad listing agreements with agents who do nothing for 6 months?
Pgh, I don't have a problem against valid complaints. I believe that one of the purposes of this forum is to address valid complaints. What I have a problem with are people who are uncivil and post for the sake of spewing venom without offering anything constructive.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Pgh, I don't have a problem against valid complaints. I believe that one of the purposes of this forum is to address valid complaints. What I have a problem with are people who are uncivil and post for the sake of spewing venom without offering anything constructive.
I guess I just havent seen any of that "uncivil" postings that your speaking about (well not on the RE section). I'd like to see an example.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

I would agree that there are some valid complaints and with that you get suggestions, comments and sympathy.

But not if it is a flat out attack, which is what is being seen. Many of these are not looking for anything other than verbally attacking and generalizing of the people in the forum. A complaint that is simply spewed out, over and over and over, is an annoyance and the intention is meant to do nothing more than disrupt the discussions of the threads they are put in.

Also, note that the original question was written to encourage thought and response using examples and suggestions. This is not bashing! Check out Webster's.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
I'd actually like to see it as a regular real estate forum, then with a sub forum for agents. There are days I'd like to post to buyers & sellers, not agents because some times you need that kind of input.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,648,565 times
So you are asking for more censorship? This forum is already pretty tightly watched and run.

I love to read posts from the logical to the intelligent to the sheep followers to the 16 numskulls left on earth who support the Dictator. And just the same I love to read posts where it is obvious that the poster is fighing mad.

We can rant here. We can complain here. We can read and learn here by asking questions of others who been there and done that.

So why on earth would you support even more censorship? I feel this forum is a little too tightly run but that's just me. So be it, that is the rules. Hasn't your Government, especially "The Decider" done enough damage to our basic human rights already?

Just have fun and enjoy whatever is written.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,894 times
Quote:
I'd actually like to see it as a regular real estate forum, then with a sub forum for agents. There are days I'd like to post to buyers & sellers, not agents because some times you need that kind of input.
I agree with Rose.
As much realtor bashing I see, I also see alot of FSBO bashing (by the realtors). A general real estate forum would be great...

Old 01-15-2008, 05:12 PM

I also agree.
This forum is where I come to discuss experiences, war stories and develop ideas. I think this was originally intended for the industry, hence the name. I know that when an outright attack on me as a Realtor in general, gets my hair up. These posters don't know me, have never worked with me. But I love what I do, I get alot of satifaction with helping my clients and truly believe in my value to them and them to me.

My suggestion would be to go to the forum for your state. First of all, any real estate related questions, if answered by agents, will pertain to your state. You will also be directing your questions to consumers in your area which can be very helpful in getting the right contacts or information. That may help in the meantime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals