Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:51 PM

5 posts, read 32,843 times

Advertisements

Anyone use any lead generation sites that they've been happy with? I was a member of Housevalues.com. Whew! What a scam....to the tune of several thousand dollars. Let me know your favorites!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 09:10 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,446 times
The best lead generation comes from people who already know you and trust you-- you don't have to pay them money to tell others how good you are. Save your money or if you're going to spend it, throw a get together for your sphere of influence and ask them to pass your name on to anyone who might need a Realtor in the future.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:11 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,303,611 times
My own website is my lead generator. It generated 94 leads in 2007. When I sent out a short "are you still interested" email not one of the leads checked the unsubscribe box and I got 5 positive replies. We also closed 6 transactions which started off the webpage. I'm fairly happy with it.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:41 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,094 times
My two websites. Closed about 20 transactions from that source alone.

I receive good leads almost daily.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 PM

47 posts, read 202,645 times
Please don't pay 3rd party providers. They only intercept leads that should be going to Real Estate agents anyway. Spend the money, find a great website provider, fill it with good sticky content, keep it updated, and then market it. I recieve 4-6 leads per day off of my website and sign calls. It takes work, but it is definately worth it, and I just will not pay a third party to sell me back my (or my fellow realtor) leads.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 PM

70 posts, read 300,625 times
If you spend money "buying" leads, you may be throwing it down the toilet. Before giving someone your money to bring you business, find out what percentage of their leads turn into closed transactions, and I don't mean "upto X% of the leads turn into closed transactions." If they can't provide you with solid proof of results, then stay away. You're probably better off fostering the relationships that you already have.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:09 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,840,120 times
Justin, take the money you would pay those providers and put into your own website, that you control. Better spend, IMHO.

Shelly

Old 02-03-2008, 06:15 PM

5 posts, read 32,843 times
Default Thanks

Yes, I agree to each of these. I know that sifting through leads is not worth my time, however several of my agent friends pass them to their buyers agents, which have picked up an additional 10-20 trans during the year.

I have a Top Producer site and get tons and tons of traffic, but am not capturing people. I did spend some of today simplifying it some, as someone had mentioned I possibly had too much going on. If you'd be willing to give me some feedback, my website is my first and last name and then .com. Sorry, I guess if I write it I will be banned as advertising.

Thanks for the input! I hope it's getting busy in your markets as well. This past week was wild! All the best! Justin

Old 02-04-2008, 05:42 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
All IMO(with my money where my mouth is):

Your Web 2.0 site will be the best way to meet people.
Step out of old school and embrace the evolution of reality and real estate service marketing.
If you do it right, clients-to-be will call you, ready to do business. Forget dripping, farming, and pestering until you go Web 2.0.

Google "I am not a lead" and watch the video until it sinks in deep.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,729 times
very good video, makes a lot of sense, but I dont think that profitable agents or realtors or brokers think of people as just leads, hopefully it is just a term that means someone to connect with...after connection is totally about them and what THEY want

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
All IMO(with my money where my mouth is):

Your Web 2.0 site will be the best way to meet people.
Step out of old school and embrace the evolution of reality and real estate service marketing.
If you do it right, clients-to-be will call you, ready to do business. Forget dripping, farming, and pestering until you go Web 2.0.

Google "I am not a lead" and watch the video until it sinks in deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals